Care & Support (Bank Worker)
We`re of the UK`s leading providers of affordable housing and care and support services. We manage a large portfolio of 38,000 homes and serve around 90,000 customers across London, the East of England and the East Midlands.
We are currently looking to expand a Bank pool of Care and Support staff to join a move-on supported housing scheme for individuals with long-term mental health problems in Clacton-On-Sea, Essex. You will be responsible for effectively managing cases and supporting the general wellbeing of our customers
Working hours are on a Bank basis on a 7 day rota + sleep-ins, however this role may become permanent.
About the job:
Responsible where identified, for providing personal care, home care, domestic tasks and housing related support in a residential setting or lone working in the community. May include working overnight and providing security for service users. May include lone working, so ability/confidence to work unsupervised is important. Role could be one of these or a hybrid of tasks as above or similar depending on the shift/service.
May be an experienced care worker who is looking for additional hours in a professional Organisation; you may be a Health and Social Care student, looking to develop knowledge, skills and experience in the Care & Support field; you may have cared for dependents in your own family and now want to use your valuable insights and experience to increase your skills and earnings.
- Providing care and support to clients within residential and community settings
- Administrative tasks
- Monitor clients to take prescribed medication as advised within care plans
- Assist in activities and outings
- Deal with family members, social workers and health professionals.
- Conduct risk assessments where necessary
- Manage a caseload if required
- Giving advice to clients around benefits and tenancies
-Experience of providing care or support to vulnerable people
- A desire to work within mental health and supported living
- Experience/knowledge of working with adults with mental health diagnosis
- Awareness of the needs of our service users and relevant legislation
- Willing to work flexible hours, involves different shift patterns
Why join us:
In return we offer competitive salary, trainings on site, paid DBS, pension scheme.
Salary £8.78 + holiday pay
Metropolitan supports flexible working and welcomes applications / proposals on that basis. Due to the nature of this post, a DBS check will be undertaken for the successful applicant, but only with their prior consent.
If you are interested in the role, please send your CV and Covering Letter to Bankrecruitment@metropolitan.org.uk .