Care & Support Worker - Bank
If you are seeking flexible working patterns and have a passion for providing excellent care Metropolitan is keen to talk to you. We are currently looking to expand our Bank pool of Care and Support staff in Shirebrook. The role will involve working with vulnerable customers with day to day support to remain as independent as possible.
Hours of work are to provide cover for holidays and sickness and may include sleep-in and shift working .
About the job:
You will provide care and support to our customers with Learning Disabilities and/or Physical Disabilities either in their own homes or in one of our Housing Schemes, supporting them with daily routines and activities.
To be considered you will need to be an experienced care worker who is looking for additional hours or flexibility in your work pattern in a professional Organisation.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to: -
- Providing care and support to clients within residential and community settings
- Administrative tasks
- Monitor clients to take prescribed medication as advised within care plans
- Assist in activities and outings
- Deal with family members, social workers and health professionals.
- Conduct risk assessments where necessary
- Manage a caseload if required
- Giving advice to clients around benefits and tenancies
To be considered for this role your CV must demonstrate: -
- Experience of providing care or support to vulnerable people
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Awareness of the needs of our service users and relevant legislation
- Willing to work flexible hours, involves different shift patterns
- Good Communication and IT Skills
In return we offer competitive salary, trainings on site, paid DBS, pension scheme.
Salary £7.50 + holiday pay
Metropolitan is committed to being an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: Metropolitan is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Metropolitan are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race or religion, sex or sexual orientation. Metropolitan will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and we encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
It should be noted that the successful applicant will need to be subject to a background enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) before any appointment can be confirmed.