Care & Support Worker - Bank
If you are seeking flexible working patterns and have a passion for providing excellent care Metropolitan is keen to talk to you We are looking for caring, responsible Care & Support workers to join our Bank. The Bank provides cover for annual leave and sickness in our services in Derby.
Hours of work are to provide cover for holidays and sickness and include sleep-in and shift working so flexibility is essential. As this role is to supplement the permanent team to cover their absences experience is essential. Ideally you would need to have a driving licence with business use insurance due to working in more than one service.
The service is low/medium mental health supported living (3 Supported Houses) and floating support service. We support people to live as independently as possible. Your role will be focused on encouraging independence and helping customers achieve this.
Responsibilities to include, but not be limited to:
- Provide care and support to clients within residential and community settings.
- Support the customers with budgeting, shopping, cleaning, appointments, phone calls, mail, other support needs.
- Administrative tasks
- Monitor clients to take prescribed medication as advised within care plans
- Assist in activities and outings
- Deal with family members, social workers and health professionals.
- Conduct risk assessments where necessary
- Manage a caseload if required
- Giving advice to clients around benefits and tenancies
To be considered your CV should demonstrate
- Experience of providing care or support to vulnerable people
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Awareness of the needs of our service users and relevant legislation
- Willing to work flexible hours, involves different shift patterns
- Good Communication and IT Skills
- Driving licence with business use insurance
In return we offer competitive salary, training on site, paid DBS, pension scheme. Salary £7.50 / hour + holiday pay
If you are interested in the role, please apply directly with an up to date CV. If you require further information please contact Aiste Mardosaite - HR Bank Administrator on 020 3535 3069.
Metropolitan is committed to being an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: Metropolitan is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Metropolitan are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race or religion, sex or sexual orientation. Metropolitan will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and we encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
It should be noted that the successful applicant will need to be subject to a background enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) before any appointment can be confirmed.