Contact Centre Resolution Officer x 3
We have a fantastic opportunity for you to join our team within our Contact Centre based in Bromley on a permanent basis. You'll provide a polite and professional service focused on meeting the needs of our diverse customers.
Every time you take a call, you'll seek to build a friendly rapport with the customer. You'll listen carefully and demonstrate empathy with their unique concerns. Asking great questions, you'll find out everything you need to provide a useful answer. If you don't know the answer yourself, you'll make use of the contacts you've made across departments, and ask someone for guidance.
You'll be required to log every call on our computer system, and carry out other administrative duties from time to time. What's more, we'll expect you to actively share ideas about ways we can improve our procedures to deliver the very best for every customer.
About the individual
* A customer-focused individual with excellent communication skills and a collaborative approach, you have proven experience of providing professional customer service.
* Comfortable with computer systems and databases, you're able to type, talk and listen simultaneously, to create accurate records and a great customer experience.
* Organised and methodical, you're able to adapt under pressure and happy to work on a flexible shift rota which will include some evenings.
* You'll have a good general education including English and Maths.
What we can offer you
* 25 days annual leave, which rises to 30 days after 3 years
* Career progression
* Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
* Discounts for all our employees, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, gym memberships and much more.
Advert close date - midday on Wednesday 14 March 2018.
Please be advised that an Assessment Day has been arranged for 20 March 2018, which will run for approximately 2.5 hours. Successful candidates will be required to start on 16 April 2018.