Senior Care Coordinator
Senior Care Co-ordinator (Elderly/Extra Care) – Tottenham, London N17
We are looking for a Senior Care Coordinator to lead the care aspect of service delivery in this exciting service, driving high quality care, hospitality and support in an exceptional environment. Our award winning extra care service Protheroe House is based in Tottenham. With 50 apartments, it has its own restaurant, bar, lounge, guest suite, well-being suite and spa.
You will be responsible for all aspects of care provision including; recruitment, development and deployment of the care team, and managing the referral process from marketing, assessments to your customer moving and settling in.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Senior Care Co-ordinator will be the CQC registered manager and will ensure the care team deliver outstanding personalised care and support for residents; and ensure CQC, ARCO and relevant legislation and performance standards are exceeded. They will also work with the Season operations team to deliver of a range of retirement products including Extra Care, Reablement and Dementia services.
Principle Outputs and Responsibilities:-
- Hold CQC Registration for the service
- Effectively manage the administrative systems and procedures relating to the daily running of the service including; deploying staff, staff rosters, medication documentation and financial administration etc.
- Ensure ARCO and CQC compliance.
- Directly line-manage the care team, monitoring staff development through supervisions, appraisals and training to assist them in delivering a high quality service.
- Hold regular team meetings with the care team to ensure all appropriate information is shared to promote good working practice and a team that is fully engaged in service delivery.
- Oversee the referral process including assessments, move-in and settle-in of older people into the scheme.
- Ensure care assessments, care and risk planning meets best practice and customers aspirations.
- Create, manage and monitor customer care plans ensuring staff rotas meet residents’ needs and aspirations.
- Deliver quality assurance; including performing regular audits and liaison with the Associate Head of CQC compliance
- Actively encourage the use of the communal facilities for activities involving older people in the local community in consultation with residents
- Provide the General Manager with informed and objective advice and recommendations regarding issues relating to the care offer, cost, quality and delivery.
- Promote Season and the scheme by organising open days, working with the local community to develop social integration and promoting the communal facilities within the scheme.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience:-
Good level of IT skills and literacy / At least 2 years’ experience of CQC registered care management / Knowledge and experience of CQC standards and CQC Compliance / Experience and knowledge of effective staffing and budget management / Experience of staff management, development and retention in a care and support setting / Experience of Extra Care referral processes from initial enquiry to move-in and settle-in / Be highly organised and able to work to conflicting and challenging deadlines / Ability to influence and lead staff / Ability to set and deliver objectives / Ability to make clear and reasoned decisions with comprehensive recommendations / Excellent planning, communication and stakeholder management skills.
Season is part of One Housing, a leading provider of housing, care and support across London and the South East, who develop and run retirement housing with support and care for older people (over 55s). We develop and manage homes that are contemporary, vibrant, age-adapted and in desirable locations. We promote independence and active lifestyles for as long as possible but also provide lifestyle support when needed.
One Housing values the diversity of our workforce and we welcome job applications from all parts of the communities which we serve.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to excel in this position, please apply to this advert or get in touch by contacting us on 0800 093 9616.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Care and support Manager £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Social Care Manager £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Supported / sheltered housing Manager £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)