Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Kingsmead Way London
Salary of up to £38,862 (including policy allowance) dependent on experience (Pay rate effective from April 2018)
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
This job sits within Reinvestment and Compliance which is responsible for delivering high quality reinvestment programmes and managing the Group’s compliance responsibilities including gas servicing and fire risk assessments to ensure the Group’s properties comply with legislation.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Asset Surveyor to join our Maintenance and Reinvestment Team where you will play a pivotal role in delivering quality investment and surveying services that respond to customer, organisational and financial needs to ensure regulatory compliance.
The role of Asset Surveyor will include:
- Undertaking stock condition surveys and other property inspections including fire risk and health and safety assessments in line with organisational policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance and contract performance
- Managing works related to stock condition surveys and property inspections within agreed financial limits and in accordance with the organisations financial policies and procedures
- Producing reports and documentation for work specifications and tenders to assist in addressing and resolving issues to ensure the Group is compliant with relevant legislation
- Developing and maintaining information and databases relating to condition of the assets, and give you the ability to suggest appropriate remedies and strategies to address any building relating issues
Skills and experiences:
- HNC in Building, Surveying or equivalent
- Proven experience in a building and surveying environment
- A proactive, well organised and innovative problem solver, you will consistently demonstrate a customer first approach and thrive on the challenge and opportunity this role will bring
- Working knowledge of legislation and current practices
- Due to the nature of this position frequent travel is required; therefore it is essential that candidates hold a full, UK driving licence
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save including; buying a new bike to cycle to work or a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- Learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 24 April 2018
We reserve the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time depending on application volumes; therefore an early submission of application is encouraged.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.