Chief Housing Officer
We don’t want to be your run-of-the-mill council. Over the next few years, we need to create an energy and passion for public service within Hammersmith and Fulham that stands out from the rest.
Our Vision sets a unique ambition for our residents, businesses, and visitors. We’re about getting things done, but doing things with people and not doing it to them.
That’s why we are looking for special people – people with a drive, determination, and open mind to deliver our Vision for Hammersmith & Fulham. Your attitude is just as important as your experience.
We are passionate about place-making, matching the expectations of our residents with high quality homes including genuinely affordable housing, and creating places where people will aspire to live and work. As well building new homes and encouraging new businesses we are working to ensure our residents benefit from current unprecedented levels of investment in the borough.
Through our business plan and vision the council has clearly set out the kind of place we want Hammersmith and Fulham to be. We’re now making changes to our directorate structures and senior roles to reflect this and ensure we are organised in the best way to deliver our ambitions. Regeneration, Planning, and Housing Service will become Growth and Place.
This new name for our directorate, Growth and Place, clearly defines our role in creating homes, jobs and thriving communities. This role will be part of the Growth and Place Leadership Team and will work to translate the Council’s priorities in housing, planning regeneration and growth into relevant strategies, plans and programmes.
This activity will ensure that the Growth and Place directorate uses resources and partnerships to deliver the following within Hammersmith and Fulham:
- Social and physical regeneration.
- Housing management, investment, and renewal.
- The very best planning service.
- The council’s ambitious growth agenda.
As the Chief Housing Officer, you will have direct responsibility for the leadership and management of the following services and functions:
- Health and safety compliance.
- Housing management.
- Housing maintenance and repairs (reactive and planned).
- Estate services.
- Customer resolution and contact (tenants and leaseholders).
- Tenancy and case management.
- Homelessness prevention, allocations and lettings.
- Financial inclusion support to residents.
This is a key role that will provide strategic leadership and operational responsibility for a wide portfolio of services at the forefront of helping shape and lead the successful economic and social future for Hammersmith and Fulham. This is an exciting time to be joining us with ambitious strategy for housing and a dynamic economic development and planning agenda.
This role is challenging, but for those passionate about Place Making, personally and professionally rewarding.
With a previous track record in leading and managing relevant service areas, the successful candidates will be able to demonstrate successful and innovative track records and approaches to enabling locations and communities have capitalised on their social, economic and physical infrastructure.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; Marek Dobrowolski on 0121 654 5912 or Ruth Hernandez Turner on 0121 654 5936.
Closing date for applications: Friday 18th May 2018
For further information or to apply, please click on the "Apply" button at the end of the page.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Chief executive £110k+ Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Care and support Chief executive £110k+ Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Homelessness Chief executive £110k+ Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Housing / neighbourhood management Chief executive £110k+ Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Revenues / benefits Chief executive £110k+ Permanent jobs in London (Central)