Health, Safety & Wellbeing Advisor
4 days left
- Organisation Type
- Housing association / RP
There has never been a more exciting time to join Radian. We are an award winning organisation, employing over 800 staff and providing nearly 21,000 affordable homes in Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Dorset, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Surrey, Sussex, and Wiltshire.
We strive to create conditions where our residents, communities and staff can flourish. What this means for you is that there is an opportunity to further develop your career in a great environment, whilst contributing to the success of Radian. We are a diverse and vibrant social business, with a strong sense of commercial reality.
With our big aspirations we are recruiting brilliant new people to help us achieve our ambitious goals. We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Health, Safety and Wellbeing Advisor to join our established team.
The role will provide a customer focussed, professional and efficient health and safety service in the workplace for all departments across Radian’s business activities.
You will need to be able to work under your own initiative and be highly organised. You should be a confident communicator, able to positively engage with a diverse workforce and our customers effectively.
The Advisor will be responsible for providing advice and guidance on all aspects of health, safety and wellbeing as well as conducting inspections, audits and accident investigations.
Much work has already been undertaken to promote the management of health and safety in the workplace and we are looking for someone to continue this development and implementation to promote awareness, understanding and performance improvement across the organisation.
A full, clean driving licence and their own car insured for business use is essential as travel to multi-sites across the south will be required with this role.
Through this post, Radian provides a real opportunity for an individual looking to develop their career within health and safety management. While having the skills and knowledge to interpret legislations and best practice, the role requires the ability to advise, coach and influence a number of stakeholders. You will need to be able to work autonomously and give advice across the business so experience in a medium to large organisation in a Health and Safety role is highly desirable.
Tech (IOSH) membership grade is essential.
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, with the opportunity to buy and sell additional leave
• Employer pension contributions of up to 12%
• Life assurance 3 x annual salary
• Flexi-time scheme, allowing individuals to work hours that suit them (subject to core hours and the requirements of their department and role)
• Interest free season ticket loan
• Comprehensive training and development, including study support
• Radian Rewards, flexible voluntary benefits scheme
• Enhanced maternity/paternity leave for those who qualify
• Staff recognition scheme
Telephone interviews will be held on the week commencing 8th June.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter that detail the following:
- Why you are interested in the role
- Why you are suitable for the role referring to the advert and role profile
- Your fire safety knowledge (with examples)
- Your ability to work autonomously (with examples)
- Your understanding of risk management