£27,273 per annum (rising to £28,709 per annum after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Group is one of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and community services. We provide a diverse range of services across a group structure including general rented, sheltered, supported accommodation, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. With around 11,000 employees, we maintain a culture where diversity is valued and talent is nurtured and rewarded.
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated Governance Officer to join our fast paced Governance and Company Secretarial Department. The team provides company secretarial services to the Group to ensure that high standards of governance are maintained, in line with regulatory and legal requirements. The role will be heavily involved at Board/Committee level, therefore, we require someone with proven experience within a similar role, involving frequent liaison with key business stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication, organisational and time management skills.
The role of Governance Officer will include:
- Coordinating arrangements for Board and Committee meetings, including board member travel
- Preparation of Board and Committee agenda and related paperwork such as board reports
- Managing the Group’s corporate registers including declarations of interest and gifts and hospitality
- Reviewing Board and Committee reports, ensuring the highest level of accuracy
- Liaising with key internal and external stakeholders, ensuring effective working relationships are in place
- Attending Board and Committee meetings and taking accurate and comprehensive minutes
Skills and experiences:
- Experience of working within a similar role involving liaison with key stakeholders
- Proven experience of minute taking at Board/Committee level
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- A proven ability to prioritise a pressured workload whilst adhering to deadlines
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and in challenging situations
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient benefits
- Learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 14 June 2018
For further information or to apply, please click on the "Apply" button at the end of the page.
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.