Assistant Director of Development
Weaver Vale Housing Trust has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Director of Development to join the team based in Northwich. You will work on a full time, permanent basis and receive a highly competitive salary of circa £63,000 per annum.
We are a Sunday Times Top 100 company and award winning social housing provider with a strong track record in local service delivery. We continually improve our existing 6,200+ homes as well as build new homes to provide affordable housing.
The Assistant Director of Development Role:
Reporting to the Director of Property you will lead the development function, including growing the vision and successfully implementing delivery of the Trust’s development program. This includes the delivery of 500+ mixed tenure homes over the next 4 years, working in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. You will be the expert advisor to Board, EMT and the wider Leadership Team, and inspire and lead all staff within the Development team. We are looking for a strong credible communicator who will be comfortable managing risk, be highly innovative and have great commercial acumen.
Responsibilities and Duties of our Assistant Director of Development:
- Drive the progression and implementation of the Development strategy throughout the Trust, working closely with Board and the Executive Management Team to ensure the delivery of modern and efficient services that meet the ambitions of the Corporate Plan
- Work to embed the Trust’s vision and values, and chosen organisational culture as part of the Senior Management Team
Be responsible for Development across the Trust including driving forward new business, evolving a sustainable pipeline, managing a mixed tenure program including the sales function within development
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders (internal and external) to support the Development strategy and other growth opportunities, such as identifying growth initiatives and strategically important partnership working
- Explore innovations for instance in products and partnership working to support the Development Strategy and maximise commercial advantage
- Progress negotiations with developers, contractors, land owners and agents to ensure delivery of agreed targets and standards
- Effectively manage the contracted program by for instance, reducing risk, maximising quality and minimising costs whether possible
- Develop an annual plan and operating budget for development and monitor the implementation to ensure that the financial and unit targets are met
- Ensure data is stored securely and is accessible always (e.g. development, business continuity, disaster recovery and system back up)
- Undertake risk management and assessment within the development function in a controlled manner, highlighting any risk that cannot be managed in line with Corporate Policy
Skills, knowledge and experience need to become our Assistant Director of Development:
- Lead, inspire and motivate the Development team and work effectively in partnership with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to analyse complex data, including both legal and financial
- Procurement of contracts, services, performance and compliance with regulatory requirements and investment through capital grant funding for new build development
- Experience of working within a regulated environment
- Able to effectively manage large budgets, achieving both value for money and a focus upon quality
- A professional or management qualification/s, relevant to this role, evidence of continuing professional development is desirable
- Delivery of different tenures and types of housing accommodation
- Various deal structures such as Section 106, Golden Brick and Land Lead packages etc
- Full Driving license or ability to travel around promptly, efficiently and economically as required, on a day-to-day basis.
As our Assistant Director of Development, your energy, drive and passion for property development and social housing will help you to transform neighbourhoods, homes and services to improve the lives of our customers.
In return for your commitment we offer a great working environment with a progressive forward thinking organisation and a strong competitive benefits package.
Please upload your CV along with a Cover Letter below (no more than 2 pages each) which demonstrates why you are interested in this role, why you are a suitable candidate and how you meet the above criteria.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Gareth Rigby - Property Director on 01606 813391
Closing date: Monday 25 June 2018 at 5.00pm
Assessment date: Thursday 5 July 2018 (TBC)
Please let us know in your Covering Letter if you have a disability, so we can ensure you are guaranteed an interview as part of our Disability Confident Commitment.
This role is subject to a Basic Disclosure and Barring Service Check. In line with the Trust’s Disclosure & Barring Policy, please confirm if you have any current unspent convictions on your CV as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Trust invites applications from all members of the community, irrespective of age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, race, religion/belief, disability, gender reassignment or pregnancy/maternity.
More searches like this
- Residential Development & Construction Director £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in Northwich
- Construction Director £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in Northwich
- Development / regeneration Director £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in Northwich
- Health and safety Director £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in Northwich
- Land acquisition Director £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in Northwich