Young People's Specialist coach x2
£21,269 per annum
40 hours per week
Young People’s Project
We are looking for a driven and positive Specialist Coach to join our Dorchester Young People Services, providing supported accommodation to young people aged between 16-21.
You will support young people in reaching their goals through one-to-one coaching sessions, identifying support and development needs, providing guidance, and helping them gain new experiences whilst building their independence and confidence.
Key accountabilities and measures;
- To provide a high quality housing service to the clients of the service and provide a dynamic, responsive, user led support service to young people.
- To coach young people using a range of tools and methods to draw out and nurture their talents.
- Identify and assess current talents and put in place robust learning and support plans with realistic and challenging goals that enable young people to understand their journey and realise their potential.
- To actively support the clients in necessary practical life skills needed to allow the smooth transaction to independent living, including maintaining and sustaining their occupancy agreement as well as a range of holistic activities to help them gain confidence and self awareness, utilising both internal and external training provision.
- To develop move on and exit plans for your clients.
- Mediate with clients to resolve disputes that require the intervention of Service staff.
- To liaise with other agencies and support services in order to best support the clients, including when there are areas of concern, to identify and manage high levels of risky behaviour
- To ensure compliance of both local authority and Stonewater Safeguarding policies and procedures and appropriately manage safeguarding issues ensuring excellent safeguarding practice is embedded within your work.
Skills and Experience;
The successful candidate will have;
- Previous experience of working in a supported housing environment, with understanding of the benefits system, coaching approach, interviewing and risk assessing.
- Proven experience of working with young people with diverse and complex needs.
- Experience of the GROW model of coaching
- Proven experience of partnership working with specialist agencies such as mental health team, youth offending services
- Knowledge of Homelessness and the impact on Young People
In addition you will have;
- The ability to be a natural relationship builder with the ability to engage, motivate, influence and inspire your clients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work positively and creatively with young people whose needs can be complex and challenging
- The ability to work on a professional level with a number of different agencies, including representation at multi disciplinary meetings
- The ability to demonstrate a supportive approach to vulnerable young people maintaining dignity and respect.
- A comprehensive understanding of professional boundaries together with a high level of personal integrity
- The ability to proactively demonstrate a strong commitment to Equality and Diversity and work in a manner that is inclusive.
Due to the nature of the role you will be flexible in your approach, occasionally providing support of our other young people schemes across Dorset. Working hours are on a 7 day rota, which would include, bank holidays, evenings, week-ends, days and occasional sleep-ins.
The role involves working with vulnerable young people and adults and as such, Stonewater will require appropriate background checks, via the Disclosure and Baring Service, as well as references that are deemed satisfactory by the company.
We are an ambitious social housing provider, with an annual turnover of £181 million and £1.7 billion in assets who manage around 31,500 homes in England for over 65,000 customers.
Our extensive portfolio consists of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation such as retirement and supported living schemes for older and vulnerable people, Foyers and women’s refuges.
We offer an opportunity work for a leading social housing provider who transforms people’s lives; where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
With a bold house-building programme and ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and passionate, Stonewater is the right place for you.
For further information or to apply, please click on the "Apply" button at the end of the page.
Closing date: 22 June 2018
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and is working towards developing a diverse workforce. We welcome all applications.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Dorchester
- Anti-social behaviour Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Dorchester
- Care and support Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Dorchester
- Social Care Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Dorchester
- Tenant services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Dorchester