Temporary Accommodation Officer
37 hours per week - Permanent post
Salary: £18,870 - £23,111 per annum
The Environmental Health & Housing Service is seeking an enthusiastic person to join our busy team, based in our offices in Brynsworthy Environment Centre, Roundswell, Barnstaple.
You will need to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, have an ability to work flexibly to changing demands and operate in a coordinated manner with other team members to ensure successful outcomes. Finding the right people is critical to our future success. If you think you have the right skills, capability and attitude to help us on this exciting journey we want to hear from you.
This post will:
- Support the provision of temporary accommodation for customers may otherwise be homeless.
- Arrange occupancy agreements for customers
- Liaise with accommodation providers over vacancies, repairs and contracts
- Carry out property inspections
You should be able to demonstrate:
- Good general or technical education beyond GCSE level
- Experience of providing a front line customer service
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and experience of dealing with members of the public
- Computer literate and proficient in MS office applications
- Good team worker/supportive
- An experienced decision maker
- Experience of property, tenancy and contract management
Closing Date: 6 July 2018 (noon)
Interview Date: 17 July 2018
For further information and to apply, please click on the "Apply" button at the end of the page. Or alternatively, telephone 01271 388353, quoting reference TAO.
In return we offer a supportive environment in an organisation accredited with IIP, flexible working hours, a career average salary pension scheme and an optional childcare voucher scheme.
North Devon Council believes in valuing diversity and is committed to equal opportunities.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Devon
- Care and support Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Devon
- Homelessness Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Devon
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Devon
- Supported / sheltered housing Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Devon