Finance Director-Landlord, Care & Communities
The Group is a significant landlord, developer and regeneration operator in London and the South East, employing over 3,000 people. At the same time, our mission is clear: to help people make the most of their lives by providing good quality homes, working with communities and promoting wellbeing. The role of Finance Director for Landlord, Care and Communities is fundamental to this.
Annual turnover exceeds £600m p.a. with landlord income of £350m. Landlord debt collection is the responsibility of this role, with challenging changes in the welfare system.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, key responsibilities include
- To provide strategic financial leadership and guidance to the Landlord, Care and Communities businesses through effective finance business partnering to the Executive Director for Care and Communities and Chief Operating Officer.
- Have direct responsibilities for all aspects of financial planning and analysis provided to the Landlord, Care and Communities business units and reporting to relevant committees and boards.
- Working with the COO, drive asset performance evaluation and influence associated business decisions which have both financial and non-financial aspects.
- Lead rents and service charge strategy for the Group, ensuring accuracy of billing, regulatory compliance and optimal cost recovery.
- Lead income collection across the Group, maximising recovery and financial inclusion for residents. Drive associated systems development and data usage.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for an outstanding leader who will bring finance expertise and commercial acumen, as well as an unerring focus on helping people make the most of their lives.
Qualified CCAB Accountant with significant post qualification experience gained across different sectors, ideally relevant sector experience in housing, development, regeneration and/or care and support.
- Recent and relevant financial and/or accounting experience, and a strong people manager, having led and managed large diverse teams, proven process improvement and change management skills and a focus on customer service.
- Evidence of high quality abilities in analysis, synthesis and evaluation to inform strategic direction.
- Successful experience of strategy development and business planning.
- Ability to be challenging, pragmatic, robust and resilient.
- Demonstrate being an inspirational leader, with excellent communication skills, that generates confidence and respect with a wide variety of audiences.
- Excellent communication skills; proven record of preparing and delivering persuasive, high quality, written and verbal reports and presentations within the organisation up to Group Board level and externally.
- Proven track record of building and managing effective relationships with Executives, formal governance committees as appropriate, partners and stakeholders.
If you are a strategic leader, with demonstrable experience and clear alignment with the mission and values of Peabody Group, we look forward to hearing from you.
What's on Offer
c£120,000 plus benefits