Housing Needs Officers
Housing Needs Officers
Salary: Circa £30,000
Term: Permanent Contract
Are you passionate about helping people facing homelessness?
Can you work in a fast-paced environment?
The Housing Options Service at Barnet Homes is at the frontline of homelessness in Barnet and is currently recruiting 4 Housing Needs Officers to provide housing and homelessness advice in one of the most popular places to live in London. We are structured to meet the challenges of increasing housing demand and reduced supply and are now looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic people to join our service.
The Housing Needs Officer will have a proven track record of working within a challenging frontline housing service. Based in the Housing Needs Team they will provide focused casework to try and prevent homelessness and where not possible issue robust and complex decisions under the homeless legislation.
What we are looking for
* Excellent communicators who will give clear and concise advice to customers and landlords
* Good listeners who will be empathetic when helping customers facing challenging personal circumstances
* Team players with good attitude who can adhere to Barnet Homes core values and behaviours
* People with great case management skills who have a legal eye for detail and who can prioritise their work in a demanding environment
In return, the Barnet Group offers a fantastic development opportunity for someone looking to make their mark in this area. You can expect a Pension Scheme, Flexible Working, Annual Leave, Employee Assistance Programme, Work-life Balance, Continual Development and Eye Care Vouchers.
Currently our main offices are located at Barnet House, Whetstone N20. We will be moving to new modern offices at Colindale NW9 in January - March 2019
Closing date: 12th July 2018
Assessment test and interview will be held on the 16th and 17th July 2018 and will last for approximately two hours.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Barnet
- Homelessness Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Barnet
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Barnet
- Supported / sheltered housing Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Barnet