Independent Domestic Violence Advisor
Are you looking to make a difference with a new and exciting challenge?
We're seeking an experienced Independent Domestic Violence Advisor to make a mark in the country's largest housing group. You'll provide a high quality frontline service to people at highest risk of domestic abuse using a client-centred personalised approach.
In this role, you'll be responsible for identifying and assessing the risks and needs of domestic abuse victims using an evidence-based risk identification checklist; for example referral to MARAC, installation of home safety measures (Sanctuary) and/or signposting to other agencies.
You'll support clients through the criminal justice and MARAC systems; explaining the processes and the client's rights and responsibilities within these procedures.
You'll carry out the following duties:
- Provide advocacy and information together with emotional and practical support which prioritises the safety of the victim and their children.
- Manage caseloads, responding to new referrals allocated to you within 2 working days.
- Support clients through Child Protection and/or Child in Need processes.
- Remain compliant with and work within Kent and Medway Safeguarding Children's Board policies and procedures, Kent and Medway Safeguarding Adults Board policies and procedures, county Public Protection protocols and Centra/Clarion policies and procedures.
- Maintain detailed, precise, confidential written records and data in line with GDPR requirements.
- Support colleagues and partner agencies to provide the best possible service for victims of domestic abuse by helping to raise awareness of domestic abuse and promoting the IDVA service locally.
Applicants for the role should be a qualified IDVA or willing to work towards qualification within the first year of their employment. Centra will fund this qualification.
To be successful in this role you will have a good understanding of domestic abuse including the impact of domestic abuse on victims and their children, with previous experience in a similar role.
You'll have comprehensive experience of delivering effective case work, risk and needs assessment and safety and support planning. It's vital you have both practical and procedural knowledge of civil and criminal justice remedies for victims of domestic abuse and their children.
This is a fantastic opportunity to utilise your extensive skills and experience to really make a difference.
If this sounds like an opportunity you'd be interested in, we look forward to hearing from you.
Closing Date: Tuesday 17th July at midday
This post is subject to an Enhanced Adult & Child Criminal Record Check Clearance.
Centra provides a range of support services including telecare and home care to around 100,000 customers.
Centra is part of Clarion Housing Group, which also comprises the country's largest housing association, a property development company, a charitable foundation and a repairs and maintenance service.
Clarion Housing Group is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce.