Housing & Regeneration Manager
Salary Band – 4c
Contract – Fixed Term (up to 20 months)
Annual Salary – £43,757 per annum + free parking
Hours – 37 hours per week
Why Selby District?
Selby is a small District with big ambitions and this post is central to the delivery of our growth plans.
Our population is growing quickly and we aim to achieve a step change in economic growth, and housing delivery whilst also enhancing and protecting quality of place.
There is an economic development framework in place to deliver and lots of big projects to work on including urban extensions, former colliery site and airfield redevelopments, town centre regeneration, strategic employment sites and infrastructure projects.
Now is a great time to join Selby District Council and lead an exciting Housing & Regeneration agenda. We were shortlisted for Local Authority of the Year for our work on planning, economic development and regeneration at a major Yorkshire Property Awards. We had a recent LGA Peer Review that concluded that:
- “there has been a ‘sea change’ at Selby District Council with members and officers aligned to the vision going forward. Priorities are clearly articulated in the corporate plan and the clear focus on economic growth demonstrates a desire to develop a new economic future for the area which could have significant economic and social benefits.”
- “The Council is very well regarded by the two LEPs and is seen as ‘punching above its weight’, ‘a place to do business’ and a ‘leader in the sub-region’”.
An exciting role
You will work closely with the Local Enterprise Partnerships, key delivery agencies such as Homes England, with a wider range of team across the Council and with developers and investors to a common aim – to enable and deliver key development and regeneration opportunities and enhance Selby’s reputation as a growing district - the fastest growing in North Yorkshire - and a great place to invest, do business and to live.
The Housing and Regeneration Manager is responsible for leading a small team who manage an extensive portfolio of work including, but not limited to:
- Projects and plans for regenerating our market towns to help them reach their potential;
- Leading delivery of our ambitious £22m Housing Development Programme - to deliver over 200 new affordable homes across the district by 2020;
- Co-ordinating the development of the Olympia Park strategic development site – a major new mixed use neighbourhood of over 1000 new homes and business space in Selby Town - we have just secured £9m from the governments Housing Infrastructure Fund to unlock delivery;
- Developing proposals for Selby Station and its environs to transform this key gateway into Selby Town and create a multi-modal transport interchange;
- Bringing key Council owned sites forward for development;
- Driving forward delivery of large housing led regeneration schemes, including Olympia Park, Portholme Road, Rigid Paper Mills and Bondgate in Selby;
- Working with developers to promote sustainable housing growth in the District; and
- Working with key stakeholders such as Homes England, the York, North Yorkshire and East Riding LEP, the West Yorkshire Combined Authority and Leeds City Region LEP to attract investment into the District including coordinating funding bids
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an inspirational leader and seasoned housing and regeneration professional who is excited by our challenges and wants to help us deliver our ambitions.
You will have an un-paralleled opportunity to develop your career as you help Selby district to grow and prosper. You will need to be able to work well with external partners and the business community, be able to operate at a strategic level but also be able to translate policies into actions and delivery on the ground.
If you are interested in this role and would like to know more, please contact Dave Caulfield (Director of Economic Regeneration and Place) on 01757 292073 or Julian Rudd (Head of Economic Development & Regeneration) on 01757 292118.
To apply, please click on the "Apply" button at the end of the page.
Closing Date – Sunday 5 August 2018
Selection Process – Mid to Late-August 2018
Please note that CVs are not accepted.
Applications for Job Share will be considered sympathetically.
Selby District Council is an equal opportunities employer.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Selby
- Business development Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Selby
- Project management Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Selby
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Selby
- Construction Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Selby