Business Systems Developer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Systems Developer to join our team in Bournemouth.
This is an excellent opportunity for a SQL Server Developer with a couple of years experience. You will join the Business Systems Development Team working on transformation projects. This will include writing queries, designing, coding and unit testing VBA workflows.
Key accountabilities and measures;
- Providing technical visualisations of proposed applications, liaising with business analysts to translate logical designs into physical ones, ensuring work is accurately mapped to user specification.
- Investigating business requirements and opportunities while working closely with the Business Analysts in the analysis phase of projects.
- Designing, coding and unit testing workflows within our existing 3rd party supplied software eg AMS-MIS ActiveH and MS Dynamics GP.
- Producing detailed design, build and support documentation.
- Configuring client server environments, testing this and recording details of failures, using fault diagnosis.
- Maintaining Business System security, keeping records and investigating security breaches.
Skills and Experience;
The successful candidate will have/be;
- Experience of applying analytical skills to complex technical issues, business processes and recommending solutions. Familiar with delivering IT projects from start to finish using structured methodology.
- Ability to adapt to continually changing environment with significant program of business change.
- Extensive experience with SQL server, VBA and Microsoft Office.
- Experience in Windows based development infrastructure and working within a Citrix environment.
- First class communication and customer service skills, with the ability to develop long term business relationships.
- A natural ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders.
- Highly developed organisational skills, with the ability to work under pressure, managing multiple priorities at any one time.
- Desirably hold a Microsoft professional certification, degree in computer related vocation.
Appointment to this role will be subject to satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
We are an ambitious social housing provider, with an annual turnover of £181 million and £1.7 billion in assets who manage around 31,500 homes in England for over 65,000 customers.
Our extensive portfolio consists of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation such as retirement and supported living schemes for older and vulnerable people, Foyers and women’s refuges.
We offer an opportunity to work for a leading social housing provider who transforms people’s lives; where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
With a bold house-building programme and ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and passionate, Stonewater is the right place for you.
For further information and to apply, please click on the "Apply" button at the end of the page.
Closing date: Sunday 22 July 2018
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and is working towards developing a diverse workforce. We welcome all applications.