Estates Quality Inspector (Maintenance Surveyor)
Hightown Housing Association Limited is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire providing a wide range of housing and support services for families and single people including people with special needs.
Hightown currently manages over 6,000 homes and employs over 900 staff. The housing association has an annual turnover of £71 million and a development programme that will deliver around 1,000 new affordable homes over the next two years.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a full time Estates Quality Inspector to join an existing team of inspectors responsible for the standard of communal areas and appearance of Hightown properties.
As a Estates Quality Inspector, you will have good technical knowledge within the housing construction field and will be expected to carry out regular inspections and following up actions needed to meet the high standards expected by residents.
The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out a programme of stock condition surveys on a designated patch, ensuring up to date accuracy of the property database so that future works can be efficiently planned. In addition to carrying out void and health and safety inspections including pre and post inspections and frequently liaising with residents to ensure the expected property standards are maintained.
To apply for the role of Estates Quality Inspector you will need to have the following:
- Knowledge or qualifications in a relevant sector, for example in building construction/surveying/building regulation, and experience of working within public sector housing
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders and scaffolding
- A good general knowledge of IT, particularly Microsoft office packages
- Excellent communication and customer care skills
We are therefore looking for an individual who demonstrates a compassionate, enthusiastic, respective and `can-do` approach.
You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work. You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting others.
All applicants must hold a valid UK driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
We offer a range of benefits which include:
Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, rising with service, plus statutory bank holidays
Workplace pension scheme
45 pence per mile mileage for the first 5,000 miles
Life assurance of three times your annual salary
Comprehensive training and development support
Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
How to Apply
Closing date: Sunday 22nd July 2018
Interviews: Tuesday 31stJuly 2018
To apply please visit our website http://careers.hightownha.org.uk and complete our online application form.
Please be advised that this recruitment process will be carried out online and would ask that you check your emails regularly. Please also quote the reference number of the job when applying.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Care and support Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Social Care Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Supported / sheltered housing Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead