Housing Officer x2
Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. We will be moving to a new landmark building in 2019 located in Hounslow town centre, and our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance. To find out more please visit: http://hounslowciviccentre.org.uk/
The Resident Services Division within the Housing Directorate oversees the management of our 17000 secure, leasehold and temporary housing properties. Our vision is to provide a 'Residents First' approach within a modern housing service.
Housing Officers have a generic role providing a property management service to residents with a range of tenures. We want exceptional people working with us who take responsibility to ensure our residents live in homes that meet their needs, and proactively manage their tenancies, in a difficult social environment. The successful applicant will be responsible for their own patch of residents, working with them personally, visiting them in their homes and building lasting relationships as their main point of contact. You'll be comfortable dealing with residents on a range of complex issues as well as providing a first-class housing management service.
1. Managing tenants rent accounts
2. Managing Anti-Social Behaviour
3. Carrying out Estate Inspections and arranging communal repairs
4. Managing tenancy issues and supporting tenants to sustain their tenancies
5. Dealing with complaints and answering Members enquires.
1. Excellent customer service skills.
Essential for The Role
- Housing Management knowledge
- Experience of Rent Arrears Recovery
- Temporary Accommodation Management
- Anti- Social Behaviour Management.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the employee specification.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position, please contact Oxana Stratan on 020 8583 6675 Oxana.Stratan@hounslow.gov.uk
For further information and to apply, please click on the "Apply" button at the end of the page.
Closing Date: 19th August 2018
Interview Date: week commencing 3rd September 2018
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Anti-social behaviour Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Care and support Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Revenues / benefits Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)