Project Assistant (Young People)
4 days left
- Organisation Type
- Housing association / RP
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Assistant to join our Dorchester Young People Services, providing supported accommodation to young people aged between 16-25.
You will work as part of a team to provide high quality housing and support services to clients and residents. In addition, you will support the Coaches and Project Co-ordinator with collating performance data and information.
Key accountabilities and measures;
- To encourage residents to work towards personal action plans, including the delivery of activities and workshops.
- Ensuring residents records are kept up to date, updating diary and other logs, and providing administrative support.
- Support residents to access and participate in a programme of activities.
- Introducing new residents to the service, explaining services and terms of occupancy.
- Liaising with other agencies and support services directly where there seems to be a cause for concern.
- To manage safeguarding issues appropriately.
- Ensuring rooms due to be let are of an acceptable standard.
Skills and Experience;
The successful candidate will have;
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to develop and maintain good working relationships.
- A supportive approach to vulnerable young people maintaining dignity and respect at all times.
- An understanding of professional boundaries and have a high level of personal integrity.
- A strong commitment to Equality and Diversity and works in a manner that is inclusive.
Due to the nature of the role you will be flexible in your approach. Working hours are on a 7 day rota, between the hours of 8:00am to 10:00pm which would include bank holidays, evenings, week-ends, sleepovers and days. This would also include an expectancy for participation in a 'on call' rota so that 24/7 coverage of the service is maintained.
The role involves working with vulnerable young people and adults, therefore appointment to this role will be subject to a satisfactory, Disclosure and Barring Service Check, satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
We are an ambitious social housing provider, with an annual turnover of £181 million and £1.7 billion in assets who manage around 31,500 homes in England for over 65,000 customers.
Our extensive portfolio consists of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation such as retirement and supported living schemes for older and vulnerable people, Foyers and women’s refuges.
We offer an opportunity work for a leading social housing provider who transforms people’s lives; where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
With a bold house-building programme and ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and passionate, Stonewater is the right place for you.
For further information and to apply, please click on the "Apply" button at the end of the page.
Closing date: 19 August 2018
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and is working towards developing a diverse workforce. We welcome all applications.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Dorchester
- Care and support Officer £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Dorchester
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Dorchester
- Social Care Officer £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Dorchester
- Tenant services Officer £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Dorchester