£19,247 per annum
40 hours per week
To work flexibly covering the hours of 10am to 6pm Monday – Friday, and one in every two weekends.
We have an opportunity for a Concierge to enable a safe environment for our residents at Swindon Foyer.
Key accountabilities and measures;
- To work with Security staff to manage the access to the foyer, ensuring all guests are signed in, and any banned visitors are denied access.
- To ensure visitors have left the premises by the agreed time, and any unauthorised visitors are escorted out of the building, summoning the support of the emergency services if necessary.
- To monitor the door access system and CCTV monitors.
- To make regular security checks.
- To keep concise records of activities and incidents, and ensure that resident’s records are kept up to date.
- To deal with disputes between residents that requires the intervention or Foyer staff and emergency services if necessary.
- To provide a courteous and helpful service to residents, and to mange and maintain a presence on the reception desk during working hours.
- To ensure compliance of both local authority and Stonewater Safeguarding policies.
Skills and Experience;
The successful candidate will have/be;
- Experience using and knowledge of CCTV systems.
- An understanding of Safeguarding, particularly in relation to adults at risk, children, and young people.
- The ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with team members.
- The ability to manage volatile situations calmly
- The ability to demonstrate a supportive approach to vulnerable young people, maintaining dignity and respect at all times.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to challenge and influence
- A flexible approach to work, the successful candidate will be required to provide evening/ night, and weekend cover.
Appointment to this role will be subject to a satisfactory, Disclosure and Barring Service Check, satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
We are an ambitious social housing provider, with an annual turnover of £181 million and £1.7 billion in assets who manage around 31,500 homes in England for over 65,000 customers.
Our extensive portfolio consists of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation such as retirement and supported living schemes for older and vulnerable people, Foyers and women’s refuges.
We offer an opportunity work for a leading social housing provider who transforms people’s lives; where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
With a bold house-building programme and ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and passionate, Stonewater is the right place for you.
For further information and to apply, please click on the "Apply" button at the end of the page.
Closing date: 20 August 2018
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and is working towards developing a diverse workforce. We welcome all applications.