Are you a great leader? A strategic thinker and influencer, highly experienced in treasury and finance within a growing organisation? We are an ambitious housing association with solutions to the regional housing shortfall. Working together, we will change lives.
About Colne Housing
Colne is a vibrant, growing housing association specialising in enabling independent living. We want to meet housing need in East Anglia. As a major builder we will provide a range of new homes of all types of tenure to meet the needs of our current and future customers in Essex, Suffolk and beyond.
An exciting new chapter in Colne’s story has begun. And you could play a leading role in it. Our ambitious business strategy Enabling Independent Living aims to ensure Colne uses its strength to provide more affordable homes whilst improving services. The post holder will work with the Chief Executive, Boards and appropriate stakeholders to shape company strategy of Colne Housing Society Limited and its wholly owned subsidiary, Riverview Homes Limited. They will have direct responsibility for strategy and delivery for Group in relation to Finance, Treasury, Procurement, IT and Business Continuity, Risk and Control, Governance. The post holder is accountable for the Financial Management, Business Planning and Governance for Iceni Homes Limited.
- Vision and leadership - In conjunction with the Board and as part of the Executive Team, provide vision, leadership and direction to the organisation, taking collective responsibility for Executive Team decisions
- Financial strategy - Lead with the Board and Executive Team to establish the 30-year business plan for the Group as well as the annual cycle for the production of the Group’s accounts and budget
- Growth and new business - Ensure robust financial assessment of growth and new business plans
- Governance, assurance and business improvement - The post holder will ensure a high standard of corporate governance and full regulatory/ statutory/legal compliance in line with Group standards and working practice
- ICT/Digital - Lead on the development of the Group’s forward thinking and customer appropriate IT and Digital Strategy, adopting best practice and innovation to ensure delivery of key business needs
You'll be highly experienced in treasury and finance within a growing organisation. You will have attention to detail whilst driving strategic thinking You will have a clear understanding of new homes development finance. Your ability to work as part of a loyal Executive Team will be pivotal to your success. You will bring people with you and you will create an environment of high performance, passion and fun!
Education & Qualifications
You will have a relevant professional qualification, CIPFA/CIMA/ACA/ACCA, and full membership of a recognised UK accountancy body. You will also need to have evidence of continuing professional development
Experience, Knowledge & Understanding
You will have substantial experience of operating at executive level in a senior finance post within social housing, however, experience from the commercial sector where transferable skills and experiences can be demonstrated would be considered.
Experience in treasury management, with solid knowledge and experience of:
- Managing an extant loan portfolio
- Raising of new finance
- Managing short, medium and long-term cashflows
- Able to understand and report on multiple lender loan covenants
- Able to bring a detailed knowledge of lender covenants
- Experience of managing lender relationships
- Working with an outsourced Treasury Advisor to drive performance
- Demonstrable knowledge of the securitisation process
- Demonstrable experience of managing stock security portfolio for charging clean stock, periodic valuations and their implications
The closing date for applications is 12midday on Monday, 3rd September
To apply and for more information
If you would like to find out more about this position and to complete your application, please click the button to be directed to our website.