Project Worker (Young People)
Our vision is to provide a dynamic, inspiring service that will encourage young people to thrive on their journey to independence; To be a vibrant hub for the internal and external community where young people and young families can access workshops, specialist support, training and employment opportunities, and more importantly, staff that can enable young people to gain confidence, resilience and self determination.
Do you want to be part of turning our vision into reality? We need staff that are creative, energetic and have a real passion to empower young people to realise their full potential. If you could share our enthusiasm and commitment to this service, we’d love you to join us.
Key accountabilities and measures;
- To assist in the interview process for applicants for the service assessing them as to their suitability, aspirations, needs and personal safety.
- Developing and reviewing tailored packages of support to enable residents to develop a range of lifeskills in preparation for move on.
- To induct new residents, explaining the services offered and the terms of the occupancy agreement
- To work positively with young people by maximising income, paying rent, managing repairs and anti-social behaviour.
- To work with residents to; encourage involvement in the running of the service.
- To identify and report; safeguarding issues, health and safety issues and compliance to Stonewater’s Equality and Diversity Policy.
- To monitor rent accounts and ensure that arrears owed by Housing Benefit or by the residents are dealt with speedily as per procedure.
Skills and Experience;
The successful candidate will have;
- Proven experience of working with young people within a similar role, with a knowledge of Homelessness and the impact on young people.
- Working knowledge of housing and benefits advice.
- Demonstrable experience of partnership working with specialist agencies such as mental health team, youth offending services.
- A natural relationship builder with the ability to motivate, influence and inspire your clients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt your approach depending on your audience and required outcome.
- The ability to work under pressure, managing multiple priorities at any one time.
- Methodical with highly developed organisation and prioritisation skills combined with the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- The ability to demonstrate a supportive approach to vulnerable young people maintaining dignity and respect.
- A comprehensive understanding of professional boundaries together with a high level of personal integrity
- The ability to demonstrate a strong commitment to Equality and Diversity and works in a manner that is inclusive.
- Proven experience in an area of specialism such as domestic abuse, offending, substance misuse, mental health, plus numerate and literate to GCSE standard or equivalent.
- IT literate and able to use basic Word and Excel.
Due to the nature of the role you will be flexible in your approach. Working hours are on a 7 day rota, which would include, bank holidays, evenings, week-ends and days.
Appointment to this role will be subject to a satisfactory, Disclosure and Barring Service Check completed by Stonewater, satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
We are an ambitious social housing provider, with an annual turnover of £181 million and £1.7 billion in assets who manage around 31,500 homes in England for over 65,000 customers.
Our extensive portfolio consists of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation such as retirement and supported living schemes for older and vulnerable people, Foyers and women’s refuges.
We offer an opportunity work for a leading social housing provider who transforms people’s lives; where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
With a bold house-building programme and ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and passionate, Stonewater is the right place for you.
For further information and to apply, please click on the "Apply" button at the end of the page.
Closing date: 31 August 2018
Interview date: To be confirmed
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and is working towards developing a diverse workforce. We welcome all applications.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Poole
- Anti-social behaviour Officer £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Poole
- Care and support Officer £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Poole
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Poole
- Social Care Officer £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Poole