Commercial and Leasehold Specialist
Job Title: Commercial & Leasehold Specialist
Job Expiry Date: Midday on 2nd October
Salary: £24,230 - £28,510 per annum
Job Location: Norwich
Contract type: 9 month fixed term contract/secondment
Do you have excellent knowledge of the property and housing market?
We are looking for a Commercial & Leasehold Specialist to make a mark in Clarion Housing. In this role you will deliver a high quality, customer focused management service to a portfolio of leasehold properties from all teams on behalf of Clarion Housing.
About the role
Some of what you will be doing is listed below;-
- Where appropriate ensure that the landlord's repairing obligations under the terms of The Group's leases or tenancy agreements are complied with at all times.
- Assist in the preparation of First Tier Tribunal cases as directed by the Commercial & Leasehold Manager, attending tribunals as necessary.
- Administer all requests for subletting of shared ownership dwellings.
- In conjunction with property services team, provide the necessary Licence to Alter for proposed leaseholder improvements / alterations.
- To provide specialist advice and assistance on all matters relating to leasehold law and interpretation of leases for operational staff, leaseholders, solicitors, and agents.
- To proactively identify new legislative or other changes to regulation, guidance and good practice relating leasehold management
We are looking for someone with excellent knowledge of the property and housing market, and a thorough understanding of Landlord and Tenant law. Knowledge of the commercial property and commercial market, would be advantageous but not essential. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, however, are a must!
Closing Date: 2nd October at Midday
Interviews will be held on: TBC
For further details on this vacancy, and to apply, please download the role profile and click the 'Apply' button below.
Clarion Housing Group
Clarion Housing Group comprises the country's largest housing association; a property development company, a charitable foundation and a repairs and maintenance service.
The Group's housing association, Clarion Housing, is committed to providing good customer service to all its residents and to maintaining its homes to a good standard - investing significantly in improving them each year.
Its development target is to build 50,000 new homes over 10 years and the Group will invest £13 billion on meeting and delivering on this target. Two thirds of the programme will be affordable and developed by Clarion Housing, while homes for private sale are delivered and marketed through development company Latimer by Clarion Housing Group. The proceeds from sales are invested in our social purpose.
Building homes. Developing futures.
Clarion Housing Group is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce.