Economic Resilience Manager
This is an exciting and challenging time for Kirklees and we want to expand our team to deliver our ambitious plans for Regeneration and Housing Growth and need talented individuals to join us.
Kirklees has recently launched an ambitious housing development programme to build 10,000 homes by 2023 of which at least 1,000 will be on council-owned land and we are now looking for individuals with a strong background in housing development and regeneration to join us in this exciting and challenging initiative. We are looking for talented people with excellent communication skills, political judgement and skills in maintaining constructive and robust relationships.
Our work requires pace, innovation and an ability to respond creatively to legislative constraints. We are responsible for delivering the district’s ambitious Housing Growth plan working with key partners, services, developers and funders to unlock sites and build the required number of new homes in the district over the next 5 years.
- Have experience of creating innovative delivery structures that enables the best use of available land;
- Have experience of shaping local neighbourhoods; utilizing local infrastructure to support employability;
- Have relevant proven experience and expertise that will enable you to play a vital role in leading, developing, commissioning and delivering major regeneration initiatives;
- Have experience of leading, supporting or contributing to the development, management and delivery of complex major regeneration programmes and projects.
- Have strong stakeholder management, influencing and relationship building skills, which includes proven ability to engage and successfully negotiate complex issues in a persuasive manner with Councillors, senior managers, partners and businesses.
- Have commercial and technical knowledge / expertise
We need more talented and ambitious people to join our team. If you are this person, we look forward to hearing from you.
In order to be shortlisted for this job please demonstrate how you meet the Person Checklist as detailed on the attached Job Description. CVs will not be accepted.
For further information and to apply, please click on the "Apply" button at the end of the page.
Closing Date: 14 October 2018
Provisional Interview Dates: Wednesday 24th, Thursday 25th and Friday 26th October 2018
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Huddersfield
- Housing / neighbourhood management Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Huddersfield
- Corporate Services Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Huddersfield
- Policy / Strategy Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Huddersfield
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Huddersfield