Head of Homes First
Homes First delivers a unified housing service for Lewes District and Eastbourne Borough Councils. The service addresses the significant challenges faced by rising demand for both permanent and temporary accommodation, and reflects the significant challenges of managing a combined housing stock of approximately 6,700 homes. Homes First provides:
- tenancy management
- management of the housing stock
- homeless and advice services
- standards in the private sector
- resident involvement
- community initiatives
Having merged services across Lewes and Eastbourne in 2017, the opportunity has now arisen to lead this relatively new team to ensure our housing service is second to none. You will be an excellent manager and communicator, with housing experience either from a Local Authority or a Registered Provider.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Lead the delivery and ongoing development of the neighbourhood housing management/ property function and ways of working for approximately 6,700 properties across Lewes and Eastbourne.
- Work closely with heads of service to ensure all service delivery teams work in a consistent and joined up manner to deliver outcomes for customers.
- Lead the delivery of the housing needs and homelessness function and ways of working across Lewes and Eastbourne.
- Lead on securing external funding sources to support tenancy, housing needs and property activities
- To position the two councils within the wider sub region to attract profile and resources.
- To manage key housing service improvement projects within two distinct geographical areas.
- To provide management and property services to council owned asset companies
- Set clear and effective parameters for service delivery to ensure compliance with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements
- Lead by example and take active responsibility for delegated corporate projects and strategies.
Reporting to the Director of Service Delivery, you will lead the team to achieve great results for our residents across two local authority areas. This is a challenging and exciting time to join the councils in a key strategic role.
For more information on this role, including how to apply, please click the red 'apply' button to be redirected.
Closing Date: 17 October 2018
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Head of services £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Lewes
- Homelessness Head of services £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Lewes
- Housing / neighbourhood management Head of services £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Lewes
- Tenant services Head of services £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Lewes
- Homes and Asset Management Head of services £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Lewes