Service Charge Accountant
The spot salary for this post is up to £29,599 per annum for applicants who fully meet the requirements of the post. Applicants, who do not meet all of the requirements of the post, will start 5% or 10% below the spot salary.
Shipley, BD17 7SW
Full Time – 35 hours per week
Accent Group is a successful national housing association owning over 20,000 homes with a turnover of £100m. Our residents’ homes and services are managed from regional offices in Middlesbrough, Burnley, Camberley and Peterborough, with the central office located in Shipley, West Yorkshire.
You will be joining Accent at an exciting time. Our new 3-year Corporate Strategy ‘With you for your Journey’ sets out an ambitious and exciting agenda for the future that will establish Accent Group as a sector leading organisation.
The role and person
The role will be responsible for effective Service Charge and Rent accounting process to ensure monthly management accounts and annual scheme accounts are completed to set deadlines.
Liaising with financial and non-financial stakeholders to ensure the accounts are robust and credible. Meeting all regulatory and legislative requirements.
To achieve this objective, you will be business partnering with key budget holders to continually analyse monthly variances, highlight trends and provide insights. In addition, accurate monthly forecasting will be expected and building foundations for the following years’ service charge budget. You will also be expected to work with external auditors to ensure annual scheme accounts are delivered.
Ideally you will have:
- Excellent understanding, knowledge and experience of service charge setting including interpreting legislation and regulations
- A good understanding of social rents
- Experience of working in a large finance team to tight deadlines.
- Detailed understanding of services charges and working with colleagues to ensure we are maximising recovery
- Experience of building relationships with non-finance colleagues across the Group
- Experience in process improvement
- Strong Excel skills and able to demonstrate dealing with large volumes of data
Closing date 19th October
For more information on this role, including how to apply, please click the red 'apply' button to be redirected to our website.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Partner £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Shipley
- Housing / neighbourhood management Partner £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Shipley
- Corporate Services Partner £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Shipley
- Finance Partner £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Shipley