HR Business Manager
Sanctuary Group is one of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and community services. With around 13,000 employees, we maintain a culture where diversity is valued and talent is nurtured and rewarded.
HR Business Manager
Worcester – with frequent travel
£54,524 per annum (rising to £57,393 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance) plus Company Car or Car Allowance
35 hours per week
The job sits within Group HR Services, which is responsible for all aspects of Human Resources and Learning and Development, developing policy and supporting managers to implement this appropriately in line with the Group’s aims.
Acting as an integral member of Group HR Services you will be responsible for the development and delivery of the Group’s HR strategy, in support of Group business objectives across our operations within our Affordable Housing teams. As an expert within your field you will use your knowledge and experience to lead on specialist HR issues and implement effective solutions with the aim of limiting risk to the business and supporting business growth.
This is a great opportunity to join a high performing team to make a significant contribution to business success and development of HR practice and will offer a proven HR professional the opportunity to develop within a forward thinking organisation.
The position of HR Business Manager will include:
- Ensure the consistent delivery of employment advice and effective project management of complex HR projects
- Provide advice, clear guidance and support on a range complex employee relations cases including taking the lead on employment tribunals
- Plan, manage and implement special programmes and projects in support of the Group’s activities, including implementation of mergers and TUPE transfers
- Develop and monitor an employee relations framework to assist the HR department to deliver quality, expert HR advice and guidance
Skills and experiences:
- A chartered member of the CIPD (or equivalent) you will be skilled at developing and delivering HR strategy and employee relations frameworks
- Proven experience of undertaking a similar role with a variety of complex employee relations issues including managing complex HR projects such as acquisitions, mergers, TUPE transfers and organisational change
- Proven experience of process improvements and developing best practice within a HR function
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Based in Worcester the role will require frequent national travel so a full clean driving licence is required
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 22 October 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.