Income Team Leader
Job Title: Customer Accounts Team Leader
Job Expiry Date: Midday on 16th November 2018
Salary: £33,140 - £38,990 per annum
Job Location: Corsica Street
Hours: 36 hours per week
Contract Type: Fixed Term contract/Secondment until 31st March 2019
Looking to make a difference in 2018 with a new and exciting challenge?
About the role
As Customer Accounts Team Leader you will manage a team of Customer Account Specialists, Customer Account Assistants and Welfare Benefit Advisors, to ensure that the services delivered across the team are effective, compliant and support the delivery of the Group's income management service and policies, which aim to maximise the amount of rent collected from, and minimise the financial hardship suffered by Clarion's customers. Further duties of this role are outlined below;-
- Focus on maximising rent collection and service delivery and accountable for arrears ensuring the appropriate recovery action is taken to reduce the level and incidence of arrears in line with annual targets.
- The post holder will be responsible for managing, developing and supporting their direct reports including under performance to maximise performance and capacity. Together with setting individual targets are set and regularly monitor performance to ensure that targets are met.
- Takes the initiative to keep own and subordinates skills and knowledge of their technical or professional specialty up to date to reflect the changing role, so staff can achieve stretching performance targets and maximise performance capacity.
- To advise upon and/or deal with more complex arrears cases and to review and authorise legal action to ensure this is taken appropriately and in a timely manner, in line with legislation and policy; including the service of notices, the completion of legal paperwork and the presentation of cases in the county court before a District Judge without legal representation.
- To establish, develop and foster effective relationships with internal and external partners and customers, such as local authorities, support providers and the DWP, ensuring blockages are identified and resolved whilst monitoring performance.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record of successfully managing, leading and motivating a team, ideally in an income/debt recovery/credit control environment and delivering performance improvement of both processes and team members in a way that maintains consistency with the values of the organisation. You will need an excellent understanding of rent arrears, legislation and policies and procedures associated with it, as well as extensive knowledge of Housing Benefit, Universal Credit and Welfare Reform and the appropriate responses to these issues.
Closing Date: 16th November at Midday
Interviews will be held on 27th & 30th November 2018
For further details on this vacancy, and to apply, please visit our website http://careers.clarionhg.com/vacancies/
This post is subject to a Basic Criminal Record Check Clearance.
Clarion Housing Group
Clarion Housing Group comprises the country's largest housing association; a property development company, a charitable foundation and a repairs and maintenance service.
The Group's housing association, Clarion Housing, is committed to providing good customer service to all its residents and to maintaining its homes to a good standard - investing significantly in improving them each year.
Its development target is to build 50,000 new homes over 10 years and the Group will invest £13 billion on meeting and delivering on this target. Two thirds of the programme will be affordable and developed by Clarion Housing, while homes for private sale are delivered and marketed through development company Latimer by Clarion Housing Group. The proceeds from sales are invested in our social purpose.
The charitable foundation, Clarion Futures, will invest £150 million over ten years to deliver one of the largest social investment programmes in the country. Priorities are work and training; money management and young people.
Building homes. Developing futures.