Assistant Support Worker - St Barnabas
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £70 million and a development programme that will deliver around 300 new affordable homes each year.
About the Role
We currently have a full time Assistant Support Workerpositionat our supported housing scheme, St Barnabas in Hemel Hempstead.
Working as part of a dedicated team, you will provide support to service users with their day to day needs, within the service or out in the community. This may involve helping to promote life skills such as shopping, managing budgets and housework. You will follow agreed support plans and risk assessments to ensure that we are providing a service that meets each individual`s needs, supports their aspirations and maximises their independence.
You do not need sector experience as we provide a structured introduction and comprehensive training to support you with your role and you will have the opportunity to gain an accredited vocational qualification.
The role will involve working shifts and you will need to be able to drive and have access to a vehicle.
We are looking for passionate people with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference and who have the ability to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults and communicate effectively using different methods according to people`s needs.
You will need to be able to work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working. You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work. You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people with learning disabilities.
Experience is desirable but not essential.
In return for your hard work and commitment to our service users, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- £16,653pa for a 37.5 hour a week contract plus overtime and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Comprehensive training and development support from day one with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus after satisfactory completion of probationary period
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Structured rota so you know your work pattern in advance
How to Apply
To apply for the position of Assistant Support Workerplease complete an online application form.
Please see below for a copy of the Assistant Support Worker job description.
Closing date: Sunday 16th December 2018
Interview date: To be confirmed
Please note that suitable candidates will be invited to interview throughout the application window and therefore the vacancy may close at short notice, however all candidates will be advised of the outcome of their application and are therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
Hightown is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Successful candidates will need to have a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, together with any other relevant recruitment checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Care and support Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Social Care Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Supported / sheltered housing Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead