Relief Project Workers - Exeter Foyer
Relief Project Workers - Exeter Foyer
£8.95 per hour
Exeter Foyer is a dynamic environment where young people between the ages of 16 and 25 can live in one of our furnished shared cluster flats or individual bedsits while they prepare to live independently. While here, they will get all the support and help they need to access skills, training and employment opportunities - and more importantly, the confidence to make a life for themselves. If you could share our enthusiasm and commitment to this scheme, we’d love you to join us.
This is your opportunity to work for one of the UK’s leading social housing providers.
- Covering the reception desk answering any queries and signing in visitors.
- Assisting in induction of new residents clarifying the services offered and occupancy terms.
- Answering calls, advising on and collecting rent and updating records as required.
- To work positively with young people by maximising income, paying rent, managing repairs and anti-social behaviour.
- To work with residents to encourage involvement in the running of the foyer.
- Providing information to residents on agencies who can provide additional care, support and welfare.
- Assist project staff with group work activities
- To identify and report; safeguarding issues, health and safety issues and compliance to Stonewater’s Equality and Diversity Policy.
Skills and Experience;
The successful candidate will have:
- A natural relationship builder with the ability to motivate, influence and inspire your clients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt your approach depending on your audience and required outcome.
- The ability to work under pressure, managing multiple priorities at any one time.
- Methodical with highly developed organisation and prioritisation skills combined with the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- The ability to demonstrate a supportive approach to vulnerable young people maintaining dignity and respect.
- A comprehensive understanding of professional boundaries together with a high level of personal integrity
- The ability to demonstrate a strong commitment to Equality and Diversity and works in a manner that is inclusive.
- Numerate and literate to GCSE standard or equivalent.
- IT literate and able to use basic Word and Excel.
The role involves working with vulnerable young people and adults and as such Stonewater will require appropriate background checks, via the Disclosure and Barring Service and references.
We are an ambitious social housing provider, with an annual turnover of £181 million and £1.7 billion in assets who manage around 31,500 homes in England for over 65,000 customers.
Our extensive portfolio consists of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation such as retirement and supported living schemes for older and vulnerable people, Foyers and women’s refuges.
We offer an opportunity work for a leading social housing provider who transforms people’s lives; where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
With a bold house-building programme and ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and passionate, Stonewater is the right place for you.
Closing date: Open
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and is working towards developing a diverse workforce. We welcome all applications.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer Up to £30,000 Permanent jobs in Exeter
- Care and support Officer Up to £30,000 Permanent jobs in Exeter
- Employment Officer Up to £30,000 Permanent jobs in Exeter
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer Up to £30,000 Permanent jobs in Exeter
- Social Care Officer Up to £30,000 Permanent jobs in Exeter