Project Co-ordinator - SAWR
Project Co-ordinator - SAWR
£27,479 per annum
40 hours per week
Our South Asian Women’s Refuge aims to provide safe and secure accommodation to women and children fleeing any form of domestic abuse.
We are seeking a diligent and committed Project Co-ordinator to join our team in Bedford. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to make a real, positive difference to the lives of supported living residents, giving them the opportunity to retain their independence.
Key accountabilities and measures;
- Managing the service on a day-to-day basis ensuring delivery of high quality housing services.
- To coordinate the staff team at the project, including interview, selection, supervision and development.
- Monitoring and improving standards of service for residents, ensuring residents are consulted and involved in the running of the project.
- Working towards a culture whereby residents can access opportunities and be positively engaged within their local community.
- Promoting the service through the use of marketing activities and local networking.
- Acting as the Safeguarding Champion, advising and overseeing complex caseloads where concerns have been highlighted.
Skills and Experience;
The successful candidate will have;
- Experience working in a similar environment.
- The ability to speak a South Asian language is desirable.
- Experience managing and supervising teams using various management and communications styles to maximise staff engagement.
- A relevant Level 3 qualification in H&S Care or equivalent qualification.
- The ability to produce concise reports.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting priorities.
- A thorough knowledge of support planning and risk assessment.
- Knowledge of housing and benefits advice, as well as relevant funding frameworks and support services available for supported housing.
- The ability to work positively and creatively with residents whose needs can be complex and challenging.
- A thorough understanding of safeguarding issues for vulnerable members of our community.
- A supportive approach to vulnerable people, maintaining dignity and respect at all times.
- A flexible approach to work, you will provide day / evening / weekend and bank holiday cover if needed, and participate in the on-call rota to ensure support is available 24 hours a day.
The role involves working with vulnerable adults and as such Stonewater will require appropriate background checks, via the Disclosure and Barring Service and references.
We are an ambitious social housing provider, with an annual turnover of £181 million and £1.7 billion in assets who manage around 31,500 homes in England for over 65,000 customers.
Our extensive portfolio consists of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation such as retirement and supported living schemes for older and vulnerable people, Foyers and women’s refuges.
We offer an opportunity work for a leading social housing provider who transforms people’s lives; where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
With a bold house-building programme and ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and passionate, Stonewater is the right place for you.
Closing date: 29th November 2018
Interview date: TBC
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and is working towards developing a diverse workforce. We welcome all applications.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Bedford
- Care and support Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Bedford
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Bedford
- Tenant services Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Bedford