Assistant Director of City Development
Greenacre are proudly working in partnership with a South Hampshire based Local Authority to source an Assistant Director of City Development.
To manage, develop and lead the planning service, economic growth team, contaminated land team and co-manage the Portsmouth, Fareham and Gosport Building Control Partnership in accordance with the Council’s policies and to help deliver the objectives of the Council’s Corporate Plan and the growth and infrastructure set out in the Local Plan.
To provide professional and technical leadership and engage and motivate and manage the staff of the teams that form City Development to deliver an efficient and effective, high quality service.
To carry out recruitment, training and development of the team.
To be responsible for the City Development budgets, including preparation and monitoring.
To develop and improve the City Development Service and ensure compliance with the Council’s policies and procedures.
To ensure appropriate co-ordination between the Planning, Contaminated land, building control and Economic Development functions and liaise / collaborate with other Assistant Directors and managers within Regeneration and the wider Council to deliver the Council’s corporate objectives.
To create confidence and actively promote a positive image for the City, to raise its profile with existing residents, businesses, prospective employers, developers and investors.
To develop and maintain robust and positive working relationships and establish key partnerships with relevant organisations such as Homes England, Partnership for Urban South Hampshire (PUSH), Solent Local Economic Partnership (SLEP), key landowners, businesses and potential investors within the City.
To prepare written reports for inclusion into relevant Council meetings.
To attend officer and member led decision meetings as and when required.
To support or oversee the delivery of projects and initiatives that is aligned with the Councils corporate agenda and delivers economic regeneration of the City.
To effectively liaise with politicians
To use professional knowledge and experience to lead discussions with developers on major development sites and oversee the work of the Development Manager.
Education / training
- Relevant planning degree/ Planning post graduate qualification.
- Relevant Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (or equivalent) and institute of Economic Development (or equivalent).
Knowledge and Experience
- Very good understanding of social policy and economic development strategies and issues.
- Very good understanding of local government the political environment and sensitivities.
- Extensive senior level experience of managing complex budgets and programmes.
- Extensive experience working directly with residents in an inner city environment.
- Extensive experience and understanding of strategic planning at a senior level including planning legislation and polices.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience of complex project management at corporate level.
- A significant record of achievement in a senior role in a related field.
- A proven track record of creating customer centred services promoting a culture of involvement, collaboration and responsiveness.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Managing director £70,000 - £89,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Hampshire
- Government and compliance Managing director £70,000 - £89,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Hampshire
- Policy / Strategy Managing director £70,000 - £89,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Hampshire
- Residential Development & Construction Managing director £70,000 - £89,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Hampshire
- Construction Managing director £70,000 - £89,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Hampshire