Housing Services Assistant
We are recruiting to a fulltime role with a competitive salary circa £23,000 and excellent company benefits (dependent on skills and experience).
Glebe Housing Association was formed in 1974 as a not for profit organisation providing sheltered accommodation for older people. We have 202 sheltered housing units, a mix of rental and leasehold properties. All of our accommodation is based on one site in our retirement village in West Wickham. Our aim is to provide safe, comfortable and secure accommodation enabling people to live independently but within a supportive community
As our Housing Services Assistant you will provide a high quality welcome and first point of contact for residents and other callers contacting or visiting the association. Dealing with a broad range of housing management, leasehold management and repairs enquiries. You will deliver an efficient repair call, letting and sales service to our customers and maintain records and databases accordingly.
Key Tasks in this role:
- Responding to all maintenance repair enquiries, logging these and ensuring effective liaison with residents, contractors and others to ensure timely response to maintenance issues.
- Managing all pre-tenancy procedures including the processing of applications, booking and tracking of void works and safety checks, preparing tenancy paperwork.
- Administer our internal housing waiting list and leasehold re-sale applications.
- Administer all end of tenancy procedures to ensure the property is relet within agreed timescales.
The successful candidate must be highly customer focused in dealing with various enquiries both over the phone and face to face. You will need to be an enthusiastic team player, a problem solver with strong organisational and administration skills. Good working knowledge of IT systems with a professional, approach and experience of a similar role in the housing sector.
Skills and Abilities
- Customer Services experience
- Self-motivated, organised and ability to learn quickly
- Independent and proactive
- Effective telephone and written communication
- Responsible, reliable, solution driven and shows leadership in making decisions
- Ability to work independently and within a managed team environment
- Smart and well presented
- Strong administrative and day-to-day office skills
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV to HR@glebeha.org.uk or upload below.
We will stop accepting application for this position when we have had a high number of suitable candidates this may be without notice.
We are not using agencies to fill this vacancy therefore do not we to be contacted in regard to this vacancy
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Kent
- Care and support Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Kent
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Kent
- Tenant services Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Kent