Group Chair Designate & Non-Executive Directors
Group Chair Designate £14,500 per annum
Non-Executive Directors £5,500 per annum
First Ark Group operates through a unique social business model, and our vision is to create success that changes people's lives. Highly customer-focused, the Group employs over 430 people and comprises a range of individual businesses, which aim to provide life-changing opportunities for the people who live in our communities and beyond. Our core activities include social housing, facilities management and social enterprise.
We are now at an important stage in our journey and our new Group Chief Executive, Léann Hearn has recently joined us. We have also undertaken a governance review which has led to the decision to appoint a new Group Board. Our Phase One governance structure will operate from 1 April 2019. The Group Board will work closely with our Chief Executive and Executive Team to expand our business and ensure we deliver cost effective and quality service to our customers. The sectors we work in continue to change rapidly, as do the demands and expectations of our customers and stakeholders. We will continue to evolve to meet these challenges, but it is clear that further change within the organisation and its governance is needed if we are to continue to realise our enormous potential.
Group Chair Designate
We want to appoint a new Chair who can provide leadership and build a new Group Board which can build upon our successes to date and take us on to the next part of our journey to deliver quality social housing. You will have a strong track record of providing leadership and possess an excellent reputation of being able to build a strong team to take the business forward.
We are seeking individuals to join the new Board who can understand the scope of the Group’s activities and govern these effectively, having the vision and capability to support further change in the organisation and its governance, whilst also having a clear focus on the core social housing business. We require people who have the capability to operate effectively at a strategic level and have the passion and commitment, particularly those with the following skills:
- Accounting / treasury management
- Assurance and risk management
- Customer services
- HR / People management
- The social housing sector
- Charitable governance and grant giving
- Business and commercial management
If you are passionate about our vision, share our ambition we would love to hear from you. Visit http://www.firstarkboard.co.uk/ for more information and to apply.
For an informal discussion please contact either Angela Lomax at DTP on 07702 213809 or Ian Robertson at EMA on 01926 887272.
To apply, please click on the "Apply" button at the end of the page.
Closing date: noon, Monday 17 December 2018
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Board member Board Member - Salary + Expenses Permanent jobs in Knowsley
- Corporate Services Board member Board Member - Salary + Expenses Permanent jobs in Knowsley
- Homes and Asset Management Board member Board Member - Salary + Expenses Permanent jobs in Knowsley
- Residential Development & Construction Board member Board Member - Salary + Expenses Permanent jobs in Knowsley
- Executive & Senior Board member Board Member - Salary + Expenses Permanent jobs in Knowsley