Chief Technology Officer
Established in 1979, Orchard provide software, services and supporting technical solutions that help housing businesses and public sector organisations improve the lives of the customers, tenants and residents.
Orchard is the largest independent provider of complete end to end business solutions to the housing sector, and their portfolio of solutions delivers real value by supporting core business functions like Housing Management, Finance and Asset Management, as well as supporting commercial activities and providing a range of solutions to help manage the overall efficiency, effectiveness and cost of IT provision.
Their independence enables Orchard to maintain a strong business ethic of measuring success through customer satisfaction and retention, whilst continuing to use profits to make significant additional investments in their solutions portfolio.
Based in the centre of the new Stephenson Quarter in the city, Orchard’s offices provide a fantastic base for their HQ.
The appointment of a new CTO will enable Orchard to continue deliver innovative solutions and critically, to lead them in their discovery of new technologies. By doing so, they will continue to deliver a unique value proposition that will ultimately enhance the services that benefit all customers.
The CTO will be an integral part of the executive leadership team and report directly to the CEO. With total responsibility for the Product Strategy, leading Product Management they will be tasked with creating the right internal and external platforms to drive innovation. It is expected that they will forge strong internal links with the Design and Development leaders and their teams to ensure that the right technology is in place to underpin the Product Strategy. In addition, they will be expected to work closely with the Business Development Director to ensure that the products being developed fit with the customer needs and that they will develop technology that will enrich the Orchard product portfolio.
From a strategic perspective, they will monitor the competitive landscape and ensure that they provide guidance to the leaders in line with business goals. Ensuring they engage with other key stakeholders in the definition of the product strategy, they will have significant input into commercial product decisions.
It is expected that the successful candidate may have already been a CTO in another organisation or, will have enjoyed a successful career as a Head of Product Development or Product Director within a software or technical services organisation.
Key experience includes ability to demonstrate that they have
- designed and implemented a robust product strategy within a comparable organisation;
- overseen the delivery of quality products to the end users that gave competitive advantage;
- worked within an organisation with strong ethics and values; and or
- great relationship building and communication skills coupled with deep commercial curiosity that will inform their construction of product roadmaps and delivery of products to Orchard clients.
This is a tremendous opportunity to join Orchard as they continue to invest in their teams, their technical solutions and move further into the digital analytics space.
To apply please send a comprehensive CV including details of your current salary and benefits FAO Sue Ormerod quoting Ref 378929 in the subject line to email@example.com
Closing Date for applications is Monday 26th November.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Director £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- IT Director £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Policy / Strategy Director £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Executive & Senior Director £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Senior management Director £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne