Housing Non Executive Director x2
Bristol City Council has a number of commercial enterprises and most recently has created a wholly-owned housing company, Goram Homes Ltd which will develop new homes across the city to help the current shortage. The company has just commenced its set up phase and is currently identifying joint venture partners to work together to develop the first two residential projects on city council land. It is anticipated this will be the first of many projects the company will develop. As a result, we are currently seeking a Chair and a number of Non-Executive Directors to lead this business.
In time, there may be an additional business case put forward by the council to create a second Housing Company (an investment company) which would receive some of the new homes developed by Goram Homes Ltd in the event that the council decides to hold and manage a rental portfolio of homes. Therefore, we have some big plans for how the business(s) will grow and develop going forward.
As a Non-Executive Director your role will be to support the Chair in ensuring the smooth operation of the business. We are looking for people with a senior track record in residential development from either an executive or non-executive role. You will need to offer an appreciation of various housing development matters across the region; as well as strong insight into strategic management and the commercial & risk appraisal of primarily residential development, regeneration and growth opportunities.
We are keen to hear from you if you have a passion for residential property and a real desire to help us build a successful and prosperous company providing a wide range of homes across a range of different tenures. We are determined to establish a diverse board representative of the community we serve.
Please click here to download an application pack and if you wish to have a confidential conversation please contact Garfield Cameron on 07885 464347 or Clare Connor on 0161 408 0703.
Alternatively, please click on the "Apply" button at the end of the page.
Closing date: Monday 10th December 2018 at 12:00.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Board member Board Member - Salary + Expenses Permanent jobs in City of Bristol
- Corporate Services Board member Board Member - Salary + Expenses Permanent jobs in City of Bristol
- Homes and Asset Management Board member Board Member - Salary + Expenses Permanent jobs in City of Bristol
- Residential Development & Construction Board member Board Member - Salary + Expenses Permanent jobs in City of Bristol
- Executive & Senior Board member Board Member - Salary + Expenses Permanent jobs in City of Bristol