Income Team Manager - Local Operations
Sanctuary Housing Services manages rented and shared ownership homes and supports community initiatives for thousands of customers across England. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Income Team Manager - Local Operations
Welwyn Garden City, Hertford
£34,314 per annum (rising to £37,708 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
37.5 hours per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Housing is one of the UK’s leading social landlords, providing around 70,000 homes across England. We give our residents good quality, affordable homes in communities that they can be proud of. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest any surplus we make back into the local communities we serve.
We have an excellent opportunity for an Income Team Manager – Local Operations to join our Housing Income Team in Welwyn Garden City. The Income Team provides a customer focused service within the local community, collecting debts owed by residents and assisting them to sustain their tenancies. The Income Team Manager will share responsibility for managing the performance and delivery of services across the South East. This role would suit someone who is proactive, results driven and customer orientated.
The role of Income Team Manager – Local Operations will include:
- Managing the performance and delivery of high quality income service, ensuring KPIs are achieved and all accounts are effectively managed
- Coordinating and distributing workload, and scheduling customer visits for the Income Team
- Undertaking audits and compliance checks on tasks completed by the team
- Proactively managing customer complaints and resolving complex queries, striving for customer excellence
- Working in partnership with stakeholders, the local income advisory service and internal Housing team
Skills and experiences:
- Recent experience in a similar role with an excellent knowledge of income/debt recovery
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant regulations, legislation, good practice and welfare benefits
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with the ability to negotiate effectively
- Strong investigation and problem solving skills allowing you to resolve complex queries
- Experience in prioritising workloads to meet deadlines with fast changing requirements
- Strong management skills with a proven ability to effectively recruit, manage and develop staff
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages, specifically Microsoft Excel (or similar)
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary, up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
For more information, contact Marc on 0208 826 1619
Closing Date: 12 December 2018
Interviews will be held week commencing 17 December 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
Sanctuary Housing Services Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity..
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Welwyn Garden City
- Housing / neighbourhood management Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Welwyn Garden City
- Corporate Services Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Welwyn Garden City
- Administration Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Welwyn Garden City
- Other Housing jobs Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent in Welwyn Garden City