Assistant Manager - Kite House
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £80 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year
About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for an Assistant Manager at our scheme in High Wycombe for a caring, enthusiastic person who enjoys helping others and seeing the difference their support can make to enable individuals to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
The Assistant Manager vacancy is at Kite House, which is supported living flats for six people.
Your role as an Assistant Manager will support the management team to ensure the home runs smoothly on a day-to-day basis and you will be involved in moving the service forwards and developing new ideas. You will help provide supervision, coaching and support and take a hands on approach to care and support management.
You will be passionate and driven with the desire to provide high quality, person centred services. You will have experience in the delivery of care and/or support services to vulnerable adults and will ideally have experience of supervising staff.
We are looking for passionate people who with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference and who have the ability to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults and communicate effectively using different methods according to people`s needs. This is a fantastic development opportunity for anyone aspiring to be a Scheme Manager.
You will need to be able to work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working. You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work. You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people with learning disabilities.
All applicants must hold a valid UK driving licence.
In return for your hard work and commitment to our service users, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- £24,375 pa for a 37.5 hour a week contract plus overtime and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Full time, part time and casual hours available
- Comprehensive training and development support from day one with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Structured rota so you know your work pattern in advance
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
In accordance with CQC regulations, appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in High Wycombe
- Care and support Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in High Wycombe
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in High Wycombe
- Social Care Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in High Wycombe
- Supported / sheltered housing Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in High Wycombe