Registered Manager at Extra Care Service
Department/ Location: Your Choice Barnet (YCB)
Reports to: Director of Care & Support
Salary: GBP 37,500 per annum
Hours: 36 Hours per week
Staffing responsibilities: Care and support team
Your Choice (Barnet) will be opening a new Extra Care Scheme in Mill Hill early in 2019.
Ansell Court is a 53-bed unit for people who are over 55 and are eligible for social care. This is an exciting opportunity for the person who will become the Registered Service Manager.
We are looking for a caring, dynamic and highly motivated person who will lead the team to provide an excellent care and support service for older people. The post holder will be registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
The post holder will be based at Ansell Court in Mill Hill and will be responsible for leading and motivating a team of employees, contributing to their further development.
This role will report to the Director of Care and Support and will be responsible for:
- Providing excellent services for older people who have a need for social care support, with a focus on people who are living with dementia.
- Demonstrating a dignified, person-centred approach with a warm, confident and professional manner.
- Demonstrating positive communication and engagement including respectful and positive regard for the people we support.
- Ensuring that there are clear assessments, support plans and guidelines and work positively within a consistent, mutually supportive team ethos.
- Delivering a service in line with current legislation, best practice and the Personalisation agenda.
The successful candidiate must be an accomplished manager and have extensive experience and knowledge of working within the social care sector and supporting people who have care needs.
We would expect you to have the vision, networking and organisational ability to deliver excellent outcomes for the people who will be moving into Ansell Court and to implement initiatives which connect people to their local community.
If you think that you are up to the exciting challenge of setting up the brand-new care and support service in Mill Hill whilst delivering or exceeding the CQC Essential Standards of Care then this is the job for you.
Closing date: End of 16th December 2018