Commercial Asset Surveyor
Commercial Asset Surveyor
Based from Shiregreen, Sheffield - covering the North East & East Midlands with frequent travel
£33,713 per annum (rising to £35.488 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 13,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
The role of Commercial Asset Surveyor sits within the Asset department which is responsible for delivering high quality and cost effective strategies to manage the Group’s property portfolio. The Commercial Asset Surveyor will play a fundamental role in advising on reinvestment programmes across the Care portfolio to ensure that the properties retain value and are maintained in accordance with Group requirements.
The role of Commercial Asset Surveyor will include:
- Delivering quality surveying and capital investment services, carrying out inspections and surveys to assess requirements for capital projects
- Managing contractors in the delivery of capital and revenue investment programmes within the commercial property portfolio
- Monitoring capital and revenue projects, consultants and contractors performance and liaising with departments to ensure that work is carried our promptly in line with contract specifications
- Assisting in drafting and reviewing policies and procedures
- Developing and managing relationships with stakeholders and contractors
Skills and experiences:
- HNC in Building and Surveying or equivalent level of qualification
- Proven experience of undertaking a similar role within a building or surveying environment is essential
- Experience in working with health care providers
- Experience of undertaking stock condition surveys and using stock condition software systems
- Working knowledge of building regulations, legislation and current practices and Care requirements
- Excellent organisational, project management and planning skills
- Some experience of staff management, including management of contractors
- Due to the nature of this role a full UK driving licence is essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 13 December 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Sheffield
- Asset management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Sheffield
- Business development Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Sheffield
- Residential Development & Construction Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Sheffield
- Development / regeneration Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Sheffield