We are looking for a bright and service focused individual to take on this key senior role managing our leaseholder services team within the resident services directorate.
Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. We will be moving to a new landmark building in 2019 located in Hounslow town centre, and our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance. To find out more please visit: http://hounslowciviccentre.org.uk/
About The Team
The leasehold services team are the specialist resource providing focussed advice to the council regarding the management of leasehold properties within the housing department. They lead on complex legal cases relating to leasehold ownership, liaise with leaseholders and colleagues regarding major works and services, and also provide support on informal consultation on major investment projects.
- Delivering the statutory consultation for leasehold major works
- Managing a team of highly skilled Leasehold Officers and Consultation & Liaison Officers
- Raising statutory estimates and actual bills £5m on an annual basis
- To deputise when requested, for the Head of Asset Management and Leasehold Services
- Strong finance and project and programme management skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to a range of audiences; including senior management and elected members, key partners, tenants and leaseholders.
- Expert knowledge in leasehold management and shared ownership
- Ability to effectively lead, motivate and line manage staff
Essential for the Role
- Substantial expertise in leaseholder and resident liaison housing management and policy in order to successfully oversee and deliver a broad range of consultation activities
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the employee specification.
To view the Hounslow Employee Benefits, Job Description and Employee Specification please visit our website.
For further information and to apply, please click on the "Apply" button at the end of the page.
Closing date: 17th December 2018
Interviews will be held during week commencing: 7th January 2019
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Tenant services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Facilities management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Sales / Lettings Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)