Health & Safety Compliance Manager
Position: Health & Safety Compliance Manager
Salary: £46,000 to £52,000 per annum
Length of Contract: Permanent
Greenacre Recruitment are working alongside Inquilab to recruit a Health & Safety Compliance Manager. This role will provide assurance to the Executive Management Team and Board Members that Inquilab Housing Association is demonstrating compliance in all areas of risk to the business. To provide reports to EMT, the Audit and Assurance Committee and Inquilab’s Board as required regarding all elements of Compliance.
- Continually identify where compliance is required across the organisation.
- Advise senior managers and ensure that they are aware of legislative and company requirements and their accountabilities.
- Co-ordinate Health & Safety activities in line with company policies and procedures.
- Identify and highlight critical high-risk areas within the compliance regime which require action to resolve.
- Be the nominated Health & Safety Officer for Inquilab.
- Be the competent health and safety advisor for Inquilab relating to all aspects of health and safety and the competent person for fire safety.
- Work with EMT and senior managers to improve their understanding of strategic and operational compliance and to highlight the business benefits it will bring.
- Ensure effective delivery of the Fire Risk Assessment programme, Health & Safety audits and inspections, giving active support and guidance to Operations and ensuring appropriate actions are addressed.
- Review and approve design fire strategies for new developments and redevelopments; and alterations, installation or fire safety improvement projects to existing properties and/or services with the potential to impact on the property’s suitability with regards to fire safety.
- Lead on the development of Keystone and other business system for Health and Safety records and the management of required actions.
- Provide building-related health and safety support to the Assets team and other area of the business as appropriate.
- Undertake the design, development and promotion of safety management systems, policies and strategies, monitoring systems, procedures and guidelines in consultation with key personnel, safety representatives and managers
- Provide close support and guidance and making recommendations to the teams in implementing them; developing creative and imaginative solutions to a range of problems arising over a diverse range of subjects.
- Provide people-related Health & Safety support to the HR team and the wider business on matters such as adaptations, sickness management/occupational health, display equipment and job design.
- Manage expenditure in line with specific budgets.
- Attend new development schemes, site inspections and handover meetings to ensure appropriate service contracts are in place to demonstrate full compliance.
- Ensure Inquilab’s partnering and service contractors carry out all areas of service delivery in accordance with Inquilab’s policies and procedures.
Essential Criteria / Qualifications
- IOSH Chartered Member
- University degree in Safety Management or relevant related degree and experience, or NEBOSH Diploma / equivalent
- Substantial experience of managing M&E, Fire Safety and Health & Safety compliance within the public or private sector
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Greenacre Recruitment Limited who are operating as an employment agency and business
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (West)
- Technical services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (West)
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (West)
- Health and safety Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (West)