Financial Accountant - FTC
Salary: £43,061 and 27 days holiday
This is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract position, to assist with all aspects of financial reporting, help drive the key Group wide financial deliverables and provide an excellent finance service to the business.
You will be responsible and accountable for:
- Achieving the key finance deliverables within agreed deadlines e.g. all aspects of financial reporting including management and statutory accounts and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist with the statutory accounts process, including providing information for internal and external auditors and coordination of the audit process.
- Assist with the preparation of the quarterly VAT returns ensuring the integrity, accuracy and timeliness of information for review by Senior Management.
- Take responsibility for challenging the business in the correct coding of invoices and ensuring the accuracy of VAT records.
- Assist with the capital accounting and fixed asset accounting processes ensuring compliance with Group accounting policy.
- Respond to ad hoc queries and requirements for consolidated Group level information.
- Collaborating with other group accountants and managers to provide innovative solutions to problems and actively seeking better ways of working.Collaborating with other group accountants and managers to provide innovative solutions to problems and actively seeking better ways of working.Collaborating with other group accountants to provide innovative solutions to problems and actively seeking better ways of working
- Take responsibility for developing and improving reporting functionality in conjunction with the business partnering and IT teams.
- Essential Requirements
- CCAB approved accountancy qualification (e.g. ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA/ICAEW) or qualified by experience.
- Appropriate, proven experience in a senior finance position.
- Previous responsibility for preparing management and statutory accounts.
- Experience of working with internal and external auditors.
- Can do attitude and a good communicator able to adapt to change.
- Experience delivering outputs to tight deadlines.
We believe that an organisation's best asset is its people, and as such we want everyone to feel that they can make a difference. We want to unlock the potential in all Orbit employees and maximise their satisfaction in the job. We have a corporate training programme, opportunities for professional development and our staff tell us we are a great organisation to work for. We offer an excellent benefits package, including private medical insurance, discounted dental insurance and gym membership, 27 days holiday entitlement and pension scheme.
Retinue Solutions is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Retinue Solutions is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.