Senior Development Officer
Hightown Housing Association is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire providing a wide range of housing and support services for families and single people including people with special needs.
We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £80 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year.
- Could you evaluate new land opportunities?
- Do you have experience of the financial appraisal of prospective new build residential projects along with the skills required to deal with complicated land purchases and projects?
- Can you manage the delivery of key housing projects?
You are passionate about housing development and delivery and understand how a good home can transform resident`s lives and their communities
You are a team player who is enthusiastic, reliable and trustworthy and motivated to deliver great homes and customer service
About the role
Hightown built 641 new affordable homes in 2017 and was the fastest growing housing association last year, increasing our total stock by 11%. We currently have a vacancy for a Senior Development Officer.
Based in Hemel Hempstead, this is a versatile role, taking projects from start to finish. Your background could be in project management, property development, planning or area regeneration and housing association experience would be an advantage. The successful candidate will be numerate and computer literate, with good skills in negotiation, communication and report writing.
You will manage projects under your own initiative, while part of a good supportive team.
Based in pleasant offices, our `can-do` culture is lively and un-bureaucratic. Why not join us?
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- £47,994 pa for a 35 hour a week contract and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly sickness bonus after satisfactory completion of probationary period
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Free on-site gym
If applying with a CV only (Indeed Application) please email a Supporting Statement explaining why you feel you would be best suited to the role, referring to your relevant experience and to the Job Description / Personal Specification.Email: Recruitment@hightownha.org.uk
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Hertfordshire
- Housing / neighbourhood management Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Hertfordshire
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Hertfordshire
- Development / regeneration Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Hertfordshire
- Land acquisition Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Hertfordshire