Housing Officer - Part Time
Sanctuary Housing Services manages rented and shared ownership homes and supports community initiatives for thousands of customers across England. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Housing Officer – Part Time
Radford Office, Plymouth
£11,021 per annum (rising to £12,103 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
15.5 hours per week – flexible over 2 or 3 days
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Housing is one of the UK’s leading social landlords, providing around 70,000 homes across England. We give our residents good quality, affordable homes in communities that they can be proud of. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest any surplus we make back into the local communities we serve.
The Housing team is responsible for delivering housing services across Plymouth and surrounding areas. The Housing Officer will deal with anti-social behaviour, tenancy changes, general estate management and will also play a key role in the management and allocation of empty properties.
The role of Housing Officer will include:
- Delivering a high quality housing management service that meet our current and future resident needs
- Developing, building and maintaining strong working relationships with tenants, partners and key stakeholders of the business
- Identifying shortfalls in service delivery and putting plans of resolution into place
- Managing the recruitment, performance and development of staff to ensure business needs are met
- Ensuring compliance with all legislative and regulatory requirements for all housing management activities
Skills and experiences:
- Experience within the social housing sector with a working knowledge of relevant legislation would be advantageous
- Proven experience within a similar role e.g. a management role delivering tenancy services
- The ability to work confidently using your own initiative, within a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a basic understanding of Microsoft Packages
- Travel is a requirement of the role, therefore, a full valid driving licence is essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service (pro rata)
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent salary is £26,663 based on 37.5 hours per week
To view the job role profile please click here
Closing Date: 18 December 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Housing Services Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Plymouth
- Anti-social behaviour Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Plymouth
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Plymouth
- Corporate Services Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Plymouth
- Administration Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Plymouth