Snr Health and Safety Business Advisor
Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Senior Health and Safety Business Advisor
Worcester – location can be flexible with frequent travel
£45,843 per annum (rising to £48,256 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance) plus company car or car buyout
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Health and Safety Business Advisor with a successful track record within the Health and Safety sector. Reporting to the Head of Health and Safety, you will be engaging with all Group business areas and external stakeholders in order to support the delivery of complex projects in line with legislative and regulatory requirements. This is an exciting opportunity to work and progress within an expanding in-house maintenance function.
The role of Senior Health and Safety Business Advisor will include:
- Efficient management of a team of Health and Safety advisors, ensuring business targets are achieved
- Coordinating and delivering audits, inspections and staff training and producing relevant documentation
- Attending management team meetings to provide business updates and present information and recommendations to support decision making
- Managing the maintenance required to retain ISO certification for Quality
- Developing and coordinating a range of projects and identifying areas for improvement
Skills and experiences:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Health and Safety legislation relevant to the in-house maintenance workforce
- Project management and auditing experience and ability to present information and recommendations to support decisions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages, specifically Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook (or similar)
- Strong management skills with a proven ability to effectively recruit, manage and develop staff
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiate effectively
- Due to the nature of this position, travel will be a requirement for the role, therefore a full, current driving licence is essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance provided to all staff
- Health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 19 December 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Worcester
- Administration Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Worcester
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Worcester
- Maintenance / Repair Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Worcester
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Worcester