Development Officer - Midlands
Up to £35,000 per annum dependent on experience, plus car allowance
37.5 hours per week
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Development team, shaping our new and exciting development projects from conception through to completion.
You will provide support to the Development Team for the effective management and delivery of our ambitious growth programme. We have a number of exciting pipeline schemes across the Midlands including across Warwickshire which you will be responsible for.
Key accountabilities and measures;
- Project managing delivery of development projects, ensuring the construction stages of developments are on time, to budget and to required standards, while monitoring performance against key performance indicator targets.
- Attending site meetings to represent the Stonewater with contractors, developers and consultants
- Regularly monitoring and reporting progress on projects to the Regional Development Manager and or Development Manager
- Undertaking scheme viability and financial appraisals in accordance with the Stonewater procedures and in line with business objectives.
- Coordinating arrangements at scheme handover to housing management, including pre-handover inspection visits and provision of rent and service charge information.
- Dealing with defects and other post completion matters during the Defects Liability Period.
- Coordinating the design process, ensuring that all relevant requirements of the HCA and the Company’s Design Brief and Employers Requirements are complied with.
- Appointing consultants, agents and suppliers, ensure effective management monitoring of their performance.
Skills and Experience;
The successful candidate will have;
- Demonstrable organisation skills, able to manage a portfolio of projects, prioritising workloads, agreeing targets and meeting deadlines
- Good numerical, abstract and verbal reasoning skill with a strong ability to communicate
- Previous experience of development or a similar field
- Knowledge of local and national housing policies
- An understanding of property law and construction law and practice
- IT literate with experience of Microsoft Office.
Appointment to this role will be subject to a satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
We are an ambitious social housing provider, with an annual turnover of £181 million and £1.7 billion in assets who manage around 31,500 homes in England for over 65,000 customers.
Our extensive portfolio consists of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation such as retirement and supported living schemes for older and vulnerable people, Foyers and women’s refuges.
We offer an opportunity work for a leading social housing provider who transforms people’s lives; where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
With a bold house-building programme and ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and passionate, Stonewater is the right place for you.
Closing date: 03rd January 2019
Interview date: w/c 14th January 2019
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and is working towards developing a diverse workforce. We welcome all applications.