Planning and Resource Manager
Planning and Resource Manager
£42,583 per annum (rising to £44,824 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week
12 Month Maternity Cover Contract
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 13,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service. Sanctuary is committed to equality and diversity and is proud to have signed up to the Tech Talent Charter, a commitment to deliver greater gender diversity in the information technology workforce.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly inclusive and collaborative environment within a progressive IT function which has an exciting transformation agenda.
The role of Planning and Resource Manager will include:
- Production of the year on year holistic IT project plan
- managing the high level delivery
- Liaising with key stakeholders and senior management regarding the prioritisation of work against operational objectives and the progress on inflight work
- Removing blockers to achieve delivery and track progress
- Escalating issues, including delivery issues, resource conflict, & adoption challenges to Team Leads and Senior management
Skills and experiences:
- Project, portfolio management tool experience
- PPM tool implementation and adoption experience
- Robust IS project delivery background
- Good understanding of standard PMO practice
- Outstanding communication, rapport building, influencing and negotiating skills
- Track record of implementing new ways of working specifically in resource management and capacity planning.
- Highly persuasive and well organised
- Ability to present effectively from high level concept through to low levels of detail
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 14 December 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.