Health and Safety Business Advisor
Sanctuary Group is one of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and community services. With around 13,000 employees, we maintain a culture where diversity is valued and talent is nurtured and rewarded.
Health and Safety Business Advisor
Homeworking – Covering the East and South East regions
£31,647 per annum (rising to £33,312 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 13,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
We are currently seeking an experienced Health and Safety Business Advisor with a successful track record within the Health and Safety sector. Reporting to the Senior Health and Safety Business Advisor, you will be engaging with all Group business areas and external stakeholders in order to support the delivery of complex projects in line with legislative and regulatory requirements. This is an exciting opportunity to provide Health and Safety advice for our staff in housing, student accommodation and commercial properties, working alongside a training team and fire technicians.
The role of Health and Safety Business Advisor will include:
- Coordinating and delivering audits, inspections and staff training and producing relevant documentation
- Attending management team meetings and Health and Safety forums to provide business updates and present information and recommendations to support decision making
- Developing and coordinating a range of projects and identifying areas for improvement
- Responding to requests for information and support on the full range of Health and Safety topics
Skills and experiences:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Health and Safety legislation relevant to housing, student accommodation and commercial property
- Proven knowledge of a range of premises based hazards, in particular personal safety, remote working and conflict/anti-social behaviour
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages, specifically Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook (or similar)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiate effectively
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload in a fast paced environment
- Due to the nature of this position, travel will be a requirement for the role, therefore a full, current driving licence is essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance provided to all staff
- Health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 24 December 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Ely
- Corporate Services Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Ely
- Administration Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Ely
- Residential Development & Construction Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Ely
- Health and safety Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Ely